Help needed for going back to android pie

I faced so much problems after updating my nokia 1 to android 10.

Help needed for going back to android pie

Subhasish roy Subhasish roy
✭✭  / 

I faced so much problems after updating my nokia 1 to android 10. Battery drains early (ph switches off at 30%) , system ui won't respond after lock the phone for 2 hours, navigation won't work ( using custom navigation bar), usb file transfer not working, phone gets very slow.

So I want to go back to android pie , please help me 🙏

Answers

• Hausemaster Hausemaster
    ✭✭✭  / 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-stock-pie-nokia-ta-1060-stock-firmware.3947638/

✭✭✭  / 

Follow the instructions in this thread and you will be on Android 9

✭✭✭  /  edited June 8

But, I suggest you to downgrade to Android 8.1 and from there install an Android 11 GSI rom, it works well and is on the latest security patch, you can pm me if you want extra help in doing so, here's an image of my nokia 1 running Havoc os 4.5 based on Android 11 and on the may security update...

✭✭✭  / 

Also, just as a warning, installing a GSI rom on this phone isn't a great idea, since there are many bugs, which include not being able to set a lockscreen, setting one will cause a bootloop, and also, safetynet won't pass at all since, magisk can't be installed on the GSI rom, doing so will also result in a bootloop and the networking is a hit or miss it has a lot of bugs, so, if and only if you want to use this phone as a secondary phone for entertainment or something else that is home related only then do I recommend doing so

• Subhasish roy Subhasish roy
    ✭✭  /  edited June 8

Hi , can you please tell me that 1) is bootloader unlock is needed to use the sp flash tool

2) why I downgrade to 8.1 not 9.0 to flash custom rom

3) is there any way to downgrade without flash tool , ??

✭✭✭  / 

1) No, bootloader unlock isn't required for SP flash tools

2) Android 8.1 has no bugs even if its a bit outdated, it's your choice on if you want to downgrade to Oreo or pie...

3) No, sadly there isn't a way to downgrade without the flash tools