The Worst That Could Happen In the future, with NOKIA 5.3

For some reason I am sure that there are serious problems with Nokia 5.3, and Nokia 5.3 cannot update over the air by itself.They are afraid, because then anything can happen to the phone if android 11 is not compatible with Nokia 5.3 and now, for sure, they are dragging out time, because over time everything is forgotten.

The Worst That Could Happen In the future, with NOKIA 5.3

Dega7755 Dega7755
✭✭  / 

For some reason I am sure that there are serious problems with Nokia 5.3, and Nokia 5.3 cannot update over the air by itself.They are afraid, because then anything can happen to the phone if android 11 is not compatible with Nokia 5.3 and now, for sure, they are dragging out time, because over time everything is forgotten. But I will say this, even though a lot is forgotten over time, but an honest name and reputation will not return. what Nokia has long lost with its false promises about the update! And if it turns out that the Nokia 5.3 smartphones from marriage cannot be updated, then I sincerely want it to become known to everyone, because I see no reason to delay the update so much and for so long, while NEW MODELS WITH ANDROID 11 have already been released. HERE everything is very logical and not difficult to guess!

Comments

• Have you studied the reasons why there is no update? Did you find information about the complexities of Android 11 and Snapdragon 665? Perhaps nokia is trying to optimize android 11, so that it is not the same as with mi a2 and mi a3.

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭  / 

So Nokia needs a year to optimize A11 and another 2 years for A12? Come on, none of this is true, until we have an official statement from HMD for the delays. Nokia 5.3 was and still is, one of the worst supported devices they've ever released in the market.

✭✭✭  /  edited June 9

Yeah, I agree Nokia 2 was in a different league altogether in 2017.

Nokia 5.3 is the same like Nokia 2 in 2020

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 

Nah. Nokia 5.3 will get the updates eventually while Nokia 2 had limitations (both hw as well as sw) so can't do much about it. Let's hope HMD communicates something about the update situation. This time it is taking too long for rolling out the updates and now I too am doubtful about the updated roadmap. Still, 20 days to go. So, let's see if they will really be updating so many phones in these remaining days or not. I would really appreciate it if HMD tells the reason for the delay in delivering updates.

✭✭✭  / 

20 days and 5 devices!! Impossible task.

I am sure one more roadmap is in the pipeline🤣

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

It is not impossible if they have a plan to do it. And everything is impossible if there's no plan to do it. I think they will cover them up somehow this time. They aren't in a position to be making claims and then running away from them again and again, as it kills the consumer trust.

Here's hoping that they really looked back, thought, and only then deployed this new schedule for updates. Let's see. I am not negative to that level and I'll start calling them out when they miss the date and not before that. And I'd expect everybody to take my deadlines in the same way.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

The watch party is on me since I am not even using a Nokia as a primary anymore 🤤

• starquake starquake
    ✭✭  / 

That's exactly what we have been expecting from hmd global. Be clear about the delays with their customers!

✭✭✭  / 

Juho was very active in letting the users know if there are any delays with OS upgrades. Since he had left the company, nothing seems to be lively with HMD.

✭✭✭  /  edited June 15

What a joke, HMD is now.

Monthly security patch means skipping is also included like they did with the March security one.

• Abhay kk Abhay kk
    ✭✭  / 

I wanna share the list of problems with my Nokia 5.3

First of all I bought it cuz this was the only one other than all Nokia's who had the fastest processor cuz in terms of software all Nokia's are same excluding go version and I thought the choice of having a phone with good processor and especially with a stock android will give me a smooth and satisfying performance but some how the animations of scrolling and moving in between windows is reasonably quantized, it isn't smooth on the day of updting it with the new patch it will work smoothly for at least 2 days then it will again show the same behaviour of course it isn't laggy I mean it will take the same amount of time to load all the things that a fast processor should on a website but the animations isn't smooth

2) the camera modules in my Nokia isn't centrally aligned both front and the rear cameras

3) the touch screen isn't that much responsive its laggy doesn't sense the touch ,sometimes especially in the depth of 2 cm from the top of the phone

4) this is a very important Q , why did u decide to setup a four camera module in the rear of which the only that works perfectly is only one of them I mean it's totally nuts who r u foolin and why are u making the Same mistake by deciding to have a quad setup the primary camera performance in 5.3 in terms of clarity it's 9/10 and in terms of colors is like someone has bleached the pic it's totally dull only in full light pics comes out little bit decent its colourless gives washed out pictures and the ultra wide it gives the wide but it gets down in clarity and the color gets poor and the macro lens 🤣it looks quad but in reality there is only one practical camera

5)the speaker quality is below average

6) the notification light is also quantised doesn't gives smooth transition while going from bright to dull

7) the music playback automatically shuts down after sometime on Google files

8 ) volume keys is satisfying to click but practically isn't much responsive

9 ) And damn those earphones looks old and the sound is just so poor that I don't have the words

Cmon I can't believe this is NOKIA

Wake up

• Muvi Muvi
    ✭✭  / 

I think that may be the reason for hmd's new normal. No one can fill the space as good as Juho did. Feeling bad for hmd and good for Juho.

✭✭✭  / 

No one from HMD is bothered to release any MR update for the problems. They are only interested in releasing new unfulfilled A11 roadmap and either skipping or releasing only security patches.

✭✭✭  / 

Today they've released only May security patch for Nokia 5.3. Means they didn't have any intention to fulfill their new roadmap as well.I am 💯 sure A11 update won't come for Nokia 5.3 this month.

Now what will you say about this?