Network issue after exposing to moisture

Guys, I've been having this issue since yesterday, as it was heavily raining, there's a crack in my phone on the top right side of the back panel, what i think is that moisture may have been the culprit for this issue, the issue is that, I cant seem to have any network, It shows a no sim sign next to the wifi icon and the phone cant even connect wifi, even when i try to switch the wifi manually from the settings panel, it still automatically switches off or maybe never switches on.

Network issue after exposing to moisture

screlic screlic
✭✭  /  edited June 10

Guys, I've been having this issue since yesterday, as it was heavily raining, there's a crack in my phone on the top right side of the back panel, what i think is that moisture may have been the culprit for this issue, the issue is that, I cant seem to have any network, It shows a no sim sign next to the wifi icon and the phone cant even connect wifi, even when i try to switch the wifi manually from the settings panel, it still automatically switches off or maybe never switches on. and there's this text box under the use wifi button in the wifi settings missing completely, only the info button (i inside a circle) can be seen. It'd be great if yall could help me fix it at home, or it cant be done, i'll have to wait until i can get in touch with a technician

Edit: My phone had this crack since a month or so, and It didnt get exposed to water or anything, maybe atmospheric moisture. I tried that phone in rice technique, it worked once but after that it started malfunctioning again.

Tagged:

Comments

• Unban-GTR12 Unban-GTR12
    ✭✭  / 

It's dead, time for a new phone.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi @screlic

I'd say, get it inspected at a Nokia Care and see what they advise. I do not think that the crack that you notice is the one that would have caused this, but let's keep a small possibility that it did.

Only a technician can identify the issue and offer a fix for it. And in case it comes out to be a motherboard failure, it is definitely the time to get a new smartphone.