TA-1131 speculation

Hi all, A new HMD type number, TA-1131, has been spotted in Chinese CCC certification. What do you fellow enthusiasts think this new phone might be?

TA-1131 speculation

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭  / 
Hi all,

A new HMD type number, TA-1131, has been spotted in Chinese CCC certification. What do you fellow enthusiasts think this new phone might be?

China specific model? New 7, or 7 plus? The Phoenix? 9? Something completely new?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Ekbz Ekbz
     / 

Hii,

i think that TA-1131 is Nokia 8 or Nokia 8 Pro(the Nokia flagship with snapdragon 845 without pentalens camera). Like this >> http://nokiamob.net/2018/05/16/photo-of-an-unknown-nokia-phone-with-fabula-design-leaked/

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 

As I said elsewhere, I have read that the pictures of a "Fabula" like phone are fake, and I believe that because the HMD phones have a different shared design to the Fabula designs.

You might be right about it being the Nokia 8 Pro, or perhaps just 8.1, the next version of the Nokia 8.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 

Thanks to Nokiamob for sharing this: It appears that the 1131 will have two other variants, the 1113 and 1115, possibly these are global variants of the Chinese 1131. The phone appears to be big, over 6 inches, which suggests a new "X" or "plus" model, and 8 cores so probably more premium than the X6, so maybe an X7.

So, probably not a new flagship, but a new high performance model.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 

Now Nokiapoweruser have shared that some other models have passed certification: TA-1114, TA-1117, TA-1132 and TA-1146. NPU speculate that these are all variants of the same model, but I doubt it. For one thing, the TA-1114 appears to be a feature phone as it has very limited frequencies. The other models have similar specs, but I don't know how they compare to the 1131 as I can't find a similar spec sheet for it.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 

NokiaPowerUser has allegedly spotted the TA-1118, TA-1117, TA-1104, TA-1113, TA-1125 and TA-1115 in bluetooth certification but doesn't cite the source of their information. They speculate these are the 3.1 plus and 4.1 plus, but if the 1117 is one of these low-midrange phones then it can't also be a 7.1 plus... maybe it's an entirely different product range.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 

I found the source of the NPU info: https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/65165

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 

After more checking on launchstudio.bluetooth.com (using a web search engine, I don't have an account) it's clear that all devices submitted on a specific date are variants of the same model, for HMD/Nokia at least. This means that NPU are probably correct, the TA-1118, TA-1117, TA-1104, TA-1113, TA-1125 and TA-1115 are all variants of the same model. However, this doesn't match what Nokiamob suggested, which is that the 1113 and 1115 are a variant of the 1131...

...we'll just have to wait and see! (fun to speculate though).

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 

The TA-1118, TA-1104, TA-1113, TA-1125 and TA-1115 are the Nokia 3.1 plus and presumably the 1117 is the China variant.

Still no clues about what the 1131 is though.