[#Campfire] Feedback Friday #2: What will make your new phone long-lasting? - Page 3

So are we

[#Campfire] Feedback Friday #2: What will make your new phone long-lasting?

Comments

• JAVA JAVA
    ✭✭✭  / 
  • Additional Android OS upgrade(s)

Для меня наиболее важным является Обновления ОС Андроид. После каждого обновлений телефон становится все более стабильным и надёжным. Жду всегда с нетерпением.

• Muvi Muvi
    ✭✭  / 
    Additional Android OS upgrade(s)

Additional OS upgrades is the only one truly makes a phone last long. Other options are essential for a device manufacturer to include and should not compromised as a feature.

• spulci spulci
    ✭✭✭  / 

I chose "Additional OS Upgrade": imho this is a crucial point for a smartphone. I mean bufixing should be frequent and I expect at least 4 or more MR to be scheduled during the year as well as monthly SP. This cadence should not decline during the lifetime support of each device (as we see in some models after the first year of release).

Giving just an MR for a new OS updates, pumping more and more bugs to final end user should be avoided as well as patching major bugs in more than 7 months.

Nokia7Plus update experience to Android 10 was a nightmare...and now this scenario is repeating with Nokia 3.2 too with Android 11.

It's up to HMD to change path and invest in software seriously

• Luke Staunton Luke Staunton
    ✭✭  / 
    Device testing, with proof of the highest standards of testing in the industry

Likewise, I have never used the warranty on any smartphone. Do we have to pay a premium to subsidise repairs when clumsy people break their phone? 😜

• JAVA JAVA
    ✭✭✭  / 
  • bobwizer bobwizer
    ✭✭  / 
    Others. You suggest!

The Battery is usually the thing that lets any phone down over time. If it's possible to have a battery guaranteed to last all day upto 3 years in a phone, this would be a key selling point. A lot of my friends switch phones based on battery performance later into the phones lifespan

• Updates keep phone new in the market..we don't feel bore after using for longer time as it provides some latest features.It improves laggness performance as well which is the most important key everyone wants...

All these things make us use phone longer time..

• Manishsinghx7 Manishsinghx7
    ✭✭  / 

We want side mounted finger print sensor with punch hole camera with ibm 2nm chip or mediatek 1200 Dimensity liquid cooling amoled display or clear black display 10000 mah solid state battery Nokia stock android with dual apps clone on all apps...4k display tricamera on back rectangle layout and aluminium chrome finish and Nvdia GPU and detachable keyboard and wireless pen Nokia should merge with sony and Ericson intel ibm and Qualcomm opera and Mozilla rebuild symbian as per consumer demand and survey and feedback for feature requests

✭✭  / 

Nokia should also team up with nvidia for chromebook graphics cards Nokia should collaborate with Kodak,Onida,here maps,ktm android console/ tata android console like android tablet with Gorilla glass 6

✭✭  / 

Nokia should make its own UI like miui so that we can clone every app and maake its own launcher like poco and should name it ocean UI and and redesign Symbian for web app that run and install in server and from store i can download web app plugin concept like puffin os and kai os like Huawei made its own harmony os with emui like Google stedia

✭✭  / 

Nokia should collaborate with sony ps6 and make its own processor with the help of ibm 2nm chip or fugaku japan

✭✭  / 

Nokia should collaborate with netherlands,France,isreal, japan,usa,Russia,india,north korea,Poland,Canada,Norway, Sweden,Germany,Austria,itlay, United Kingdom, Denmark make its technology strong

✭✭  / 

Nokia should invest money in iball, havells,Onida,Kodak,Adani and Birla group

✭✭  / 

Nokia should Aquire mediatek and improve the process with the help of intel and Nokia bell labs

• NokiaWin NokiaWin
    ✭✭  / 
    Longer manufacturer warranty, covering all hardware and software defects

Как по мне сотрудничество Nokia и Windows было просто бомбой,самая гениальная идея!))Жаль что это продолжалось не долго( но моя флагманская Lumia 820 до сих пор жива)) Сейчас я уже 4 год пользуюсь Nokia 8 и мне кажется самой большой проблемой, что в Lumia 820 или Nokia 8, является малый запас ёмкости аккумулятора,что не даёт нормально функционировать телефону более трёх лет,хотя моему телефону уже четвертый год,как по мне,первые 1-2 года железо ещё конкурирует с так называемыми новинками,но надо понимать,что каждый год придумывают что-то лучше,оптимальнее и от этого никуда не деться,технологии не стоят на месте,но качество телефонов Nokia всегда на высоте! Продолжайте в том же духе,и они станут ещё лучше!)

• Mayank Baranwal Mayank Baranwal
    ✭✭  / 

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I agree the delays in security patches but Nokia 7.2 is scheduled to get A11 in Q3 2021.

✭✭✭✭  / 

Please put your comments in English only.

• Nokia user06 Nokia user06
    ✭✭  / 

The most important factors when buying a phone is first of all the build quality and materials of the phone, the software support with constant updates, the power of the device, I would like it to last me at least 3 years so the more powerful it would be better it would behave with smartphones than future. Also consider the autonomy and photographic quality, the partnership with Zeiss should be exploited more intensely! Keep the design of the circular cameras is much more attractive! As for the materials in the mid-range and top of the range I prefer that you do not use polycarbonate or plastic, I would like the materials of the old Nokia 7 plus, 7.2, 8.3 for example ...

NOKIA SMARTPHONES WILL RETURN TO THE PODIUM ONLY IF THEY RESPECT ALL THIS.

Come on you can do it 💙💪

• Others. You suggest!

The most valuable factor considering a phone to own for three years is that the phone itself expresses uniqueness.

And uniqueness for me holds a couple of aspects. Relevant components with focus on reliability and performance. This combined with that "little extra" is what makes people around you turn around and ask; "What phone is that?!"

And the fact that you can prove the relevance performance-wise topped with let's say an outstanding camera, one out of this world color-scheme or a one of a kind feature is the factor I am looking at when considering a phone to own for three years.

• Others. You suggest!

How about NOT having warnings that you are about to turn up the volume - when you are about to turn up the volume

Just WHO do you think you are???

I will turn up my phones volume whenever I choose to - NOT YOU!!! - NOT ANYOE ELESE

I will certainly smash your ignorant idiotic waste of time phone

I have purchased expensive headphones that actually let me do whatever the f### want to do with my phones volume.

One of the stupidest things ever to infect the human race - excuse me I know how loud I like my music - my ears not your ears freaks!!!

• husainc18 husainc18
    ✭✭  / 
    Others. You suggest!

Apparently the warning is to avoid drastic volume increase when it may happen unknowingly like when you press buttons while holding the phones by mistake. It can damage your listening ability. If you want to increase the volume intentionally to use your headphones to its max ability Nokia isn't stopping you. Just tap on OK to the warning and proceed.

✭✭✭✭  / 

@singhnsk Well summarised and well written.

HMD should take a note of these 🙂🙏

• Usha M Usha M
     / 

Nokia is my trusted brand since childhood, recently purchased Nokia 3.4 it surprised me with looks & build quality, good job, the best secret sauce for selling like hot cakes is a 3year warranty that covers hardware & software, users worry free regarding longevity, Adding a 3year warranty to Nokia X20 & X10 would be worthy at the same price point, would be 3times ahead of competition, there by multiplying sales automatically and happiness of users.

Take out the Chinese & Excel.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited June 24

You do have a sweet request 😊. However, the current battery technologies degrade with heat and routine charge and discharge cycles. So, there cannot be a battery that does not reduce its back up after years of usage. And the caring part would be also on the user (charging slowly in a cooler environment etc). Maybe what we can stress more upon is some way for the user to replace the battery easily. If it degrades, pull it out, insert a new one, and back to work.

• chiraggohil chiraggohil
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 24

When it's come to most worried point after purchasing smartphone is Manufacturer warranty. As we all know all smartphone comes with minimum 1 year warranty. If we get longer manufacturer warranty with all hardware and software defects then it's great thing for consumer. Which can attract consumer to purchase that brand smartphone, Today many smartphone company's gives extended warranty plan with affordable price for 1 year or 2 year. If we get this type of offer then it's easy for consumer to use their phone for longer time. All customer wants that if their are defects or hardware or software problem comes in future and that problem can solve easily without spending any single Penny under warranty. So it's very important for consumer to use their favorite smartphone without any worries.

If smartphone comes with software / OS warranty then if smartphone software crash then consumer can get back it's smartphone repair under warranty.

My suggestion to Nokia / HMD to use best components in future smartphone because as we see in past as their are loosing charging port and power button issues in many nokia phones, and thet is most hectic thing for many consumer.

Over all my vote goes to Longer manufacturer warranty, covering all hardware and software defects

Because if smartphone is not in under warranty then consumer have to look upon in local mobile shop and it's so costly to repair with original part and many times we can't get original part after give money for orignal part.

• NokiaWin NokiaWin
    ✭✭  / 

As for me, the cooperation between Nokia and Windows was just a bomb, the most ingenious idea!)) It's a pity that this did not last long (but my flagship Lumia 820 is still alive)) Now I have been using Nokia 8 for 4 years and it seems to me the biggest problem, that in Lumia 820 or Nokia 8, there is a small reserve of battery capacity, which does not allow the phone to function normally for more than three years, although my Nokia 8 is already the fourth year, as for me, the first 1-2 years the hardware is still competing with the so-called new products, but you have to understand that every year they come up with something better, more optimal and there is no getting away from it, technologies do not stand still, but the quality of Nokia phones is always at its best! Keep up the good work and they will get even better!)

This discussion has been closed.