[#Campfire] Feedback Friday #2: What will make your new phone long-lasting? - Page 4

Most of the given choices, if not all, are significant and go hand in hand when it comes to a longer lifespan of the phone.

[#Campfire] Feedback Friday #2: What will make your new phone long-lasting?

Comments

• Roobaroo Roobaroo
    ✭✭  /  edited June 24
    Longer manufacturer warranty, covering all hardware and software defects

Most of the given choices, if not all, are significant and go hand in hand when it comes to a longer lifespan of the phone. Since we are aware of the differences in the warranty period or the number of OS upgrades provided by the brands for their phones, my choice for this question will possibly alter for each brand. However, I will mostly hop, either on additional Android OS upgrades or a longer manufacturer warranty, among the given options.

In the case of Nokia Mobile, I will want my phone to have a prolonged warranty. That is because the Nokia phones (except the C series) generally come with the support of at least two years of Android upgrades, which will do fine for me. (It's time Nokia Mobile starts rolling out additional features to the OS other than the Android One offering.) I appreciate that the Nokia X series comes with three years of warranty, and I am hoping that the duration of the warranty will be the same in all the countries where it will be sold. The reason that I raised this point is that, as far as I can remember, some Nokia smartphones were getting a one-year extended warranty in select European countries during 2019-20 as a part of some offer, which eventually bumped the warranty period to three years, but it remained unchanged (one or two years) in the other countries. Hence, I will call for an equal warranty duration, no matter whichever part of the world it is.

Device testing is also essential, but it need not be of the highest standard in the industry. Though, it should be of a certain standard. Regarding device insurance, it is something that is available quite readily nowadays (in my region) and mayhap for any phone, so that does not really bother me in the decision-making. Free screen replacement will be a great addition from the manufacturer’s side, but again, not a necessity.

• chiraggohil chiraggohil
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 25
    Longer manufacturer warranty, covering all hardware and software defects

One more suggestion for nokia official service center to keep Original replace part even after phone discontinue by Company, I face this problem with My Nokia 7 plus when my type C charging port got loose after 1.5 year so contact Surat , Gujarat Nokia service center for repair charging port and they told me that phone is disconnected by Company so part is not available now and they also told me that you have to repair it to local mobile depair shop and that I am got disappointed with this answer, do ensure that your consumer get full after sale services till consumer stop using their phone.

This discussion has been closed.