6300 4G: how to type letters with accents (è, ô, ä, etc.)

I imported a list of contacts from a previous phone, some names include letters with accents (like 'Daniël', or 'Jérôme').

6300 4G: how to type letters with accents (è, ô, ä, etc.)

JC the J JC the J
✭✭  / 

I imported a list of contacts from a previous phone, some names include letters with accents (like 'Daniël', or 'Jérôme'). In previous Nokia feature phones that I owned, the way to access such letters was to press its particular key more than 4 times until you obtained the desired accented version of the letter.

In the 6300 4G, that list is limited to the plain version of the letters. I can't type names with accents in them properly anymore.

Am I missing something? Is there some setting I need to enable in order for this to work?

Tagged:

Comments

• JC the J JC the J
    ✭✭  / 

To anyone coming across this: I contacted Nokia technical support about this and they were simply not able to help.

It appears KaiOS simply does not currently support typing characters with accents. This is a serious problem as accented letters are essential in most European languages. I should hope the KaiOS dev team prioritize fixing this in the immediate to very near future.