How to make the most of your phone

Hi All, I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

How to make the most of your phone

rt social marketing rt social marketing
Staff member  / 

Hi All,

I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

As the world of technology continues to evolve, the devices we use on a daily basis become even more important to us. We want to share some tips that will help you make the most of your Nokia device so you can hold on to it for longer.  

Don’t game/stream whilst charging  

Binge watching shows is something that we all do from time to time. There’s nothing inherently wrong with watching your favourite series or having some downtime playing your favourite mobile game, however, watching shows and gaming whilst charging your device isn’t the best thing to do for you battery’s health.   

A quick charge here and there won’t hurt but, doing so for long periods of time will affect longevity of your phone battery’s life. Which lead us on to our next point….  

Charing your phone in small top-ups  

Hands up if you’ve charged your phone for 8+ hours whilst you sleep so it can reach 100%? Just us? Then at least you’re aware of the fact keeping your phone battery charged between 30-80% helps to increase its lifespan. If you’re planning on taking a long road trip, charging your phone to 100% is totally fine but for everyday use, small and regular top-ups are better for your battery’s health in the long run.  

Turning your phone off  

Unplugging and turning off your devices is not only a great way to save money, but also more sustainable. By switching off our phones every now and then, we save ourselves the expense of a dwindling battery life which we’ve outline in the above two points. Consider switching off your phone, when you don’t need it, at night or at least turn on airplane mode.  

Digital Detox  

Speaking of switching off your phone, use that time as digital detox day. Sometimes we all need to switch off and take a break from our tech. Not only is it great for our phones, but we also benefit from stepping away from our screens, helping you to sleep better, reduce stress and anxiety levels.   

Have you got any tips about ways you can hold on your Nokia device for longer? 

Let us know comments below, we are always looking for ways to make we hold on to our phones for longer.  

thanks

rt

Comments

• Vasilis Kos. Vasilis Kos.
    ✭✭✭  / 

How to make the most of your phone: make sure it's not a NOKIA!

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Well, I have been following the information around batteries for a while, and the charging range of 30-80 somehow appears to be a myth as well.

Apple has a public document (webpage) which states that:

You complete one charge cycle when you’ve used (discharged) an amount that equals 100 percent of your battery’s capacity — but not necessarily all from one charge. For instance, you might use 75 percent of your battery’s capacity one day, then recharge it fully overnight. If you use 25 percent the next day, you will have discharged a total of 100 percent, and the two days will add up to one charge cycle. It could take several days to complete a cycle. The capacity of any type of battery will diminish after a certain amount of recharging. With lithium-ion batteries, the capacity diminishes slightly with each complete charge cycle.

I'd agree that sucking batteries entirely like hitting 0% and the "Battery charge too low" warnings may have an impact on the battery life, but at the same time, I am not a believer in the 30-80 percent charging range. If Apple is right, the charge cycles will count the same way whether we charge it from 5 to 90 or from 30 to 80.

But I am a believer of the:

Charge it slower and it will serve you for longer

Faster charging produces more heat and heat damages the battery. So, if we charge our devices slower, the battery will degrade a little bit slower compared to those who charge the batteries faster. At the same time, the convenience that fast charging provides makes me absolutely sure that I will always buy devices that support faster charging. I can slow charge a fast charge compatible device using a low power rated adapter, but I cannot do it the other way around!

So, going back to the Charge your phone in small top-ups, I'd say that charging in such a way can help avoid the generation of excessive heat and helps the phone cool down before the next round of charging initiates. So, it is not wrong 😁

Spend time to clean up junk & data/apps no longer needed

During the course of using our smartphones, we accumulate a lot of data, a lot of which is no longer needed or complete junk. Such as an app that you installed to book a train ticket and you no longer make use of it. It is wiser to periodically clean up the unwanted junk files and apps from your phone so that the database of apps, as well as media library, will have less overhead and hence the device will be more responsive. Even it is wiser to periodically clear data from apps that have become too big because there are a lot of apps that accumulate data as we use them, but they do not have a very robust system of erasing out the old data which is no longer in use by the app.

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

"I can slow charge a fast charge compatible device using a low power rated adapter"

How well said, I do exactly the same with my Nokia 7.1.

• user1530066638275 user1530066638275
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

When your device battery is fully charged, unplugged the charger from the source first..to avoid charging port dami.

• ehasan sabri ehasan sabri
    ✭✭  / 

Dear sir nokia 7.2 stopped working camera and flashlight every 15-16 pic ...kindly fix this issue