How to make the most of your phone

Hi All, I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

How to make the most of your phone

rt social marketing rt social marketing
Staff member  /  edited May 16

Hi All,

I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

As the world of technology continues to evolve, the devices we use on a daily basis become even more important to us. We want to share some tips that will help you make the most of your Nokia device so you can hold on to it for longer.  

Don’t game/stream whilst charging  

Binge watching shows is something that we all do from time to time. There’s nothing inherently wrong with watching your favourite series or having some downtime playing your favourite mobile game, however, watching shows and gaming whilst charging your device isn’t the best thing to do for you battery’s health.   

A quick charge here and there won’t hurt but, doing so for long periods of time will affect longevity of your phone battery’s life. Which lead us on to our next point….  

Charing your phone in small top-ups  

Hands up if you’ve charged your phone for 8+ hours whilst you sleep so it can reach 100%? Just us? Then at least you’re aware of the fact keeping your phone battery charged between 30-80% helps to increase its lifespan. If you’re planning on taking a long road trip, charging your phone to 100% is totally fine but for everyday use, small and regular top-ups are better for your battery’s health in the long run.  

Turning your phone off  

Unplugging and turning off your devices is not only a great way to save money, but also more sustainable. By switching off our phones every now and then, we save ourselves the expense of a dwindling battery life which we’ve outline in the above two points. Consider switching off your phone, when you don’t need it, at night or at least turn on airplane mode.  

Digital Detox  

Speaking of switching off your phone, use that time as digital detox day. Sometimes we all need to switch off and take a break from our tech. Not only is it great for our phones, but we also benefit from stepping away from our screens, helping you to sleep better, reduce stress and anxiety levels.   

Have you got any tips about ways you can hold on your Nokia device for longer? 

Let us know comments below, we are always looking for ways to make we hold on to our phones for longer.  

thanks

rt

Comments

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

"I can slow charge a fast charge compatible device using a low power rated adapter"

How well said, I do exactly the same with my Nokia 7.1.

• Hi,

When your device battery is fully charged, unplugged the charger from the source first..to avoid charging port dami.

• ehasan sabri ehasan sabri
    ✭✭  / 

Dear sir nokia 7.2 stopped working camera and flashlight every 15-16 pic ...kindly fix this issue

• m bilal01 m bilal01
    ✭✭  / 

probably the most awesome phone i have ever used robloxapk

• Muragawa Muragawa
    ✭✭  / 

While someone is using NOKIA products from HMD... Oh, I'm sorry, from FIH Mobile, then no one is protected!

• Bill. Bill.
    ✭✭  / 

When it comes to the nokia brand, it's best to use it by throwing it into the trash, the best example of a hopeless phone after nokia 8.3 is the nokia x20 a hopeless invention for an insane amount 🤮 spare the shame...

• Adrian Neacsu Adrian Neacsu
    ✭✭✭  / 

Make the most of your Nokia phone……………don’t waste your money on one. Save your time with a Pixel or iPhone if you want timely updates.

• Luke Staunton Luke Staunton
    ✭✭  / 

What's wrong with those two models? Sure, they're mostly unremarkable if competent, but I don't see any major issues.

• joe367 joe367
    ✭✭✭  / 

Isn't it a major issue, that the new models are highly unremarkable and not competitive? 🙄

✭✭  / 

It depends on the target market; they may be unremarkable for tech enthusiasts but for the consumers Nokia Mobile are aiming at the offer is reliable daily drivers that have the promise of software updates and durability. Of course, they don't always meet those criteria.

You also have to think in terms of the smartphone market which is so dependent on geopolitics, manufacturing and components, logistics and supply chains, volumes etc. HMD Global simply cannot undercut state-subsidised monopolies of China, or the grip of giants like Samsung. It makes sense that they focus the brand on things like sustainability, longevity, and security. I wish they would focus more on design and imaging, but they do not have the R&D capacity nor the manufacturing partners (since FIH Mobile withdrew investment).

With LG exiting the market there is yet another loss for consumers, soon we'll left with very few options. It's not a strategy us fans of the Nokia of old want to see, but in business terms it makes sense to focus on the low-mid range and increasing B2B or carrier contracts.

Or we can just behave like children in a candy shop and point at all the things we want and cry.

• Bill. Bill.
    ✭✭  / 

..if you don't see a problem, buy yourself these cosmic inventions from noki, I'm not going to buy crap for cosmic sums;

..nokia x20 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 for a $450 🤣 someone must have lost his mind 🤑;

..not to mention the hopeless brick nokia 8.3 5G for a similar price that I threw into the trash;

...I am asking for at least one honest argument adequate to the price of these phones, unfortunately I did not find any because in both cases the maximum price for these cosmic inventions is a maximum of $200 !

🤮

• Bill. Bill.
    ✭✭  / 

We already have February, where is this fast nokia 8.3 update to android 12? this phone still has problems with android 11 so what updates are we talking about here 😉 HMD must have outdone itself 😂forgive yourself such posts.

✭✭  / 

So you're referring to the specs-to-price ratio? I did try and outline why they may have higher pricing in relation to competitors, there could be other factors such as materials, licensing, network band support, sustainability and recyclability, warranty and support, which are all part of the cost of the device.

The devices usually see a relatively sharp drop in price or offers after a few months on market anyway.

I would be interested to hear substantive reasons why the 8.3 is a 'brick'. Sure, at the time of launch it had been delayed for 6 months and some of the advantages it had like the wide 5G band support were undercut by competitors, but it is a good daily driver that nevertheless lacks some specs like higher refresh rate display or a proper IP rating.

You're just ranting incoherently.

• Bill. Bill.
    ✭✭  / 

you see, because instead of writing about the phone that for over a year of my use has not brought anything positive, including the 5G network, for which I am still waiting today, apart from the cosmic price for which I paid nothing is better than the competition, one simple example: how you could screw up the device to mount the speaker on the left site? I believe that looking for positive arguments does not make any sense, as well as writing about these phones because they just suck. And what costs are incurred by HMD, it is their business, no one will buy it :) because it is enough to read the comments, specifications and look at the prices. I have always respected Nokia but HMD spoiled this brand completely because the perfect example is Nokia 8.3 and X / XR20 and Tablet T20. Advertising assumptions about quick updates and, as a result, eternal delays and underdevelopment. Sorry, but not for that kind of money. I got rid of Nokia 8.3 and I regret and I am ashamed that I was interested at all and I bought my phone and I swear that I will not make more such a mistake as buying a Nokia 8.3 5G version. And if you want specific arguments, read about xiaomi and oppo phones. Good luck finding arguments for Nokia. (where is andorid 12 for nokia 8.3 ?G... ohh i forgot nokia is always late)

• Adrian Neacsu Adrian Neacsu
    ✭✭✭  / 

To be put in the bin 🗑. Not worth even recycling.

• Vasilis Kos. Vasilis Kos.
    ✭✭✭  / 

How to make the most of your phone:

Just make sure it's not a Nokia!

• sh.h sh.h
    ✭✭  / 

چی نوکیا نیست

• Mattie Mattie
     / 

.... Stop doing the whole "planned obsolescence" thing @NokiaHQ 🤷🏼‍♂️ #nowtheresanidea 🤦‍♂️🤣

• The purpose of J. Gilbert’s Survey is to collect honest and genuine feedback as possible from the customers of J. Gilbert’s.