Are we going to receive the update anymore?

The biggest question arises now is whether We are going to receive Android 11 or not. What if they are not going to release the update for us now?

Are we going to receive the update anymore?

starquake starquake
✭✭  /  edited June 30

The biggest question arises now is whether We are going to receive Android 11 or not. What if they are not going to release the update for us now? In that scenario, what happened?

Tagged:

Comments

• FedyaG FedyaG
    ✭✭✭  / 

Well, you already bought the phone, and Nokia received profit, why bother? :( (I also bought it and gave them my money, so feel cheated as well)

• starquake starquake
    ✭✭  / 

Yes! But I just wanna know whether hmd global is bound to give to two more updates or they can forget about the updates for these phones and move on easily?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

If you ask legally, then yes, they are required to since they advertised it that way. You can always sue them in a consumer forum against the unfulfilled promises that were advertised with the device's sale.

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited July 2

Until Q2 2021, there was a little bit of hope. But it's completely gone now. TBH, I don't care anymore whether the updates come or not.

2 years of Android Software updates came on the box of this phone in April 2020 which actually never came until June 2021. So it can only be termed as marketing gimmick.

I am trying for selling/exchanging this phone from the last two days but unfortunately the value is so less that am stuck. But never again Nokia phones though I had a desire to get Nokia X20. HMD has let down Nokia loyal fans like me big time with their unfulfilled promises.

• starquake starquake
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah definitely! I'm also not gonna use nokia phones in future. It's very hard to use them as they tend to break promises only. I've just asked this question as I curious to know the legal terms. Anyways, good buy Nokia and congratulations as you have lost many of your loyal fans.