Where is A11 for Nokia 5.4.

I bought the phone for 2 resons 1- Stock Android. 2- Regular updates. First you postponed it for the 7.2 now 5.4 also. The box says Android 11 ready.

Where is A11 for Nokia 5.4.

Manish Toor Manish Toor
✭✭✭  / 

I bought the phone for 2 resons

1- Stock Android.

2- Regular updates.

First you postponed it for the 7.2 now 5.4 also.

The box says Android 11 ready. Are you kidding me?

Tagged:

Comments

• shakirmohamed shakirmohamed
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 5.4 may be my last Nokia mobile phone... 15 years of using Nokia mobile is enough now .... Thanks HMD... Please don't keep promises if you can't keep them... Your marketing strategy is

" Android 11 is ready" for Nokia 5.4... Now it is month of July... Where is android 11 for Nokia 5.4... Crazy...

• Arvind Tripathi Arvind Tripathi
    ✭✭✭  / 

Why 5.4 user want to suffer with A11 like 2.4 and 8.1 user do???

It's worst update I hv seen since I'm using smart phone.

I'm a 8.1 user, updated to A11 but after worst network reception I downgraded to A10.

I hv experienced worst network reception in HMD phone which is the prime basic need.

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

So what? Never expect A11 and move on?

No way, the promises needs to be fulfilled soon, otherwise the credibility will be lost with HMD.

Motorola phones survive only because of low price, they are even worse when it comes to updates.

✭✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 5.3 which was released in April 2020 as of now is still on May security patch with A10. There's a lot of bugs which never got addressed for the last 9 months or so. Nokia 5.4 was released in December 2020 worldwide but at least gets latest security patches and MR updates.

• Kyros_G Kyros_G
    ✭✭  / 

my old 2.3 and 2.4 are already at A11 while 5.4 is still stuck in place haha

What a pro-gamer move

✭✭✭✭  / 

Except Nokia 5, Nokia 5.1 and Nokia 5.1 plus got OS updates late. That trend continues with Nokia 5.3 as well.

But as per the reliable sources, Nokia 3.4 and Nokia 5.4 will get A11 update earlier than Nokia 5.3 which will get it only in Oct-Dec 2021.

• Sushant J Sushant J
    ✭✭  / 

Its delayed for the 2nd time, not good. But considering the bugs that happened across different brands during A10 to A11 upgrade I am willing to wait for a few months if Nokia is able to deliver a good A11 update.

I can understand the pain of techies and enthusiast, but for most people A10 to A11 difference is hardly noticeable.

✭✭✭✭  / 

Please understand this, the delays happening for A11 is not because of the bugs but something else internally. Soon you'll get to know.

• Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 

May it's ready but they didn't want to release 🤣 I too tired 5.4

✭✭✭✭  / 

There's a bit of sluggishness with HMD when it comes to A11. Today they've come up with A11 for Nokia 1.3.

• Penttinen Penttinen
     / 

Can someone please riddle me the logic (or lack thereof) of HMD where they update the older and cheaper devices first and then newer and more expensive ones?

Like I have 5.4 and a 1 Plus and my 1 plus is on Android 11 and with an August security patch. While my 5.4 is still on Android 10 and on June Security patch.

What in the actual F**k are you (HMD) thinking?!

• I heard they were focusing on new phones which is not the case still no Android 11 for Nokia 5.4 and stuck on June security update, it's shocking and they further market the phone as Android 11 ready? and hearing news of other lower end phones getting the update is annoying.