My Nokia 7.2 randomly stops making and receiving calls, Nokia won't repair it or give a solution

Since I bought my Nokia 7.2 it has an issue with phone calls.

My Nokia 7.2 randomly stops making and receiving calls, Nokia won't repair it or give a solution

Spitfire Spitfire
✭✭  / 

Since I bought my Nokia 7.2 it has an issue with phone calls. Randomly, it stops being able to receive phone calls (it just appears as off or out of coverage for the other person) and to make them (it keeps trying to establish connection for a while and then it hangs itself).

As I didn't have any alternative, I just lived with it until I recently bought a new phone. I sent it to the Nokia Mobile Care service to repair it, because I was planning to give it to a relative, and they returned it unrepaired because "No Fault Found".

I contacted Nokia customer support via email, just in case I could do something to fix it or for them to acknowledge that it was faulty, and they told me to send it again for repair. This time I even recorded several videos proving the issue and explaining everything as detailed as possible.

Well, yesterday I received another email stating that the phone would be returned again unrepaired because no fault was found.

I honestly regret buying this device on Nokia's online store. Now have a faulty phone that won't be repaired and a meaningless 3 years extended warranty.

By the way, after little more than a year the battery has degraded awfully, not to mention how much it is left to be desired these last months regarding security updates and the Android 11 upgrade. This was my third Nokia smartphone and it may be the last, at least for a long time.

Tagged:

Comments

• lior levi new account lior levi new account
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 11

I do not know if there is a connection but try to check inside the Google phone app The settings of caller ID and spam. Make sure the app does not automatically filter calls that it thinks are spam.

Join my discussion and press the agree button.

• Spitfire Spitfire
    ✭✭  / 

I will try that once I get back the phone, but I'm fairly sure it shouldn't be because of the filters because it happens with any phone number for both incoming and outgoing calls.

• Lior Levi Lior Levi
    ✭✭  / 

If this does not resolve the issue, try restarting the phone in safe mode

(watch on youtube - it's not let me put a link here)

Because it temporarily disables the apps you have installed and then try to make calls in this situation. If it works it means that something in the apps you have installed is causing a bug and you will try to remove some of the apps.

If this does not resolve the issue - back up all the passwords to the accounts, all the files you downloaded and saved and photographed, the contacts and messages and perform a factory reset

(watch on youtube - it's not let me put a link here)

If this does not resolve the issue, try temporarily replacing the SIM card of a relative or friend - who is connected to another cellular network.

In the past I was having another phone with a similar problem:

Phone calls were disconnected and also the internet was sometimes disconnected.

I went to a service center and exchanged a SIM card - but it did not help.

Only after I exchanged a SIM card with a relative who was on another cellular network - suddenly the disconnected problems went from my phone - to his phone.

This means that the cellular company does not have good reception in the area where you live. Maybe a new residential tower was built there?

While browsing the internet you should see the 4G icon above

But while making regular phone calls - the phone automaticly switches to 3rd generation and will be a 3G or H + symbol

• Spitfire Spitfire
    ✭✭  / 

I have already performed several factory resets and the issue is still present with no apps installed besides the default ones. I have asked for a SIM replacement to my company and used a SIM from a relative, but with the same results (although currently I have no way of trying it with a SIM from another company).

It shouldn't be a reception problem since it happens everywhere and both my previous phone (Nokia 7.1) and my new phone (not a Nokia) don't have this issue.

I have zero problems with internet reception. I have noticed that it switches from 4G to 3G/H+ when it tries to establish a call although right now I can't remember if it does it every time or only the times when it actually works. I will check once I get my phone back.

And hey, thank you very much for the help. 👍️ Just with that post you already have dedicated much more attention to my issue than Nokia's official customer service.

• RazzSahani RazzSahani
    ✭✭✭  / 

You should contact your SIM operator once

• Spitfire Spitfire
    ✭✭  / 

Already did, according to them nothing is wrong on their side.

• Spitfire Spitfire
    ✭✭  / 

@Lior Levi

After receiving the phone and doing some tests I think I have narrowed down the cause of the issue.

If you set the phone to only use 3G/2G networks, it works well 100% of the time. If you activate 4G, it should automatically switch to 3G/H+ to establish the call. However, half of the time it seems like the network module crashes in the process (switches to 3G, then it completely loses network coverage, it recovers it again without data and finally recovers 3G, but at some point in that process either my phone or the other one gives up trying to establish the call).

How this phone was supposedly inspected twice and both times Nokia determined that nothing was wrong with it is beyond me.

• Lior Levi Lior Levi
    ✭✭  / 

A few years ago I had a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone

I was a customer of a cellular network called Orange

After a few months this company terminated the contract for the Orange brand and changed its name to Partner

After a few months the municipality started building a huge residential tower near my house

I noticed that sometimes I did not have internet and phone calls were disconnected and people who would call me would heard that my phone was off

The problem happened when I was in my house

Resetting phone to factory settings did not resolve the issue

Replacing a SIM card with a Partner did not solve the problem

I asked dozens of times from a Partner company to send a technician or engineer home to check on the quality of regional cellular reception from their antenna but they refused and it was very annoying for me because for 10 years I was an Orange customer

After I exchanged a SIM card with a relative who was on another cellular network the problem went from my phone to his phone

Then I realized that the problem was not with my phone but with the Partner cellular network

And from that week I switched to another cellular company

I am no longer a Partner customer

• Spitfire Spitfire
    ✭✭  / 

The exact same SIM card works perfectly well with a Nokia 6, a Nokia 7.1 and a brand new phone from another company, so I don't have any reason to think that this is related to the cellular network...

• lior levi new account lior levi new account
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 18

Until you try you can not be sure. Cellular reception problems are strange.

in addition, Nokia 7.2 has a dual SIM drawer + micro SD card slot.

A micro SD card is located on the inside edge.

Sim 1 is in the middle.

Sim 2 is at the outer edge.

Make sure your SIM card is in the middle compartment.

• Lior Levi Lior Levi
    ✭✭  / 

Until you try you can not be sure. Cellular reception problems are strange

in addition, Nokia 7.2 has a dual SIM drawer + micro SD card slot

A micro SD card is located on the inside edge

Sim 1 is in the middle

Sim 2 is at the outer edge

Make sure your SIM card is in the middle compartment

• Lior Levi Lior Levi
    ✭✭  / 

A few years ago I had a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone

I was a customer of a cellular network called "Orange"

After a few months, this company terminated the contract for the "Orange" brand and changed its name to "Partner".

After a few months, the municipality started building a huge residential tower near my house.

I noticed that sometimes I did not have internet and phone calls were disconnected and people who would call me would heard that my phone was off.

The problem happened when I was in my house.

Resetting phone to factory settings did not resolve the issue.

Replacing a SIM card with a Partner did not solve the problem.

I asked dozens of times from a Partner company to send a technician or engineer home to check on the quality of regional cellular reception from their antenna - but they refused.

After I exchanged a SIM card with a relative who was on another cellular network - the problem went from my phone - to his phone.

Then I realized that the problem was not with my phone but with the "Partner" cellular network.

And from that week I switched to another cellular company. I am no longer a "Partner" customer.