First impressions

Hi , there , I've just bought this Nokia G20 My first impressions are positive. The phone is ok performing normal tasks , I'm no gamer or power user.

First impressions

Lpfz Lpfz
✭✭  / 

Hi , there , I've just bought this Nokia G20

My first impressions are positive. The phone is ok performing normal tasks , I'm no gamer or power user.

The camera is great considering its an entry level device.

Battery life is good,

no overheating ether.

Build quality is excellent compared to the Nokia 3.4 and 5.4 , even though it's plastic it is more solid. Maybe hmd have changed

their phones manufacturer .

Only thing weiry is the weather app that started in my country's language now it's in Chinese.

It is running the latest update and things are going fine , I hope it will stay this way.

Negative side of this phone it's is price , it's not competitive unfortunately .

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I think Pricing is one factor that HMD Global is not able to currently crack or they have decided not to try to crack it anymore. They seem to be focused on limited sales volume instead of trying to sell more at lower prices. We'll have to see if this strategy serves them or not.

Anyways, good to know that you liked your purchase and are satisfied with it so far.

Does the phone have a dedicated weather app installed? It could be some new introduction from hmd. Do you know of its package name? And... Doesn't it have a setting to revert your region/language to English (or your regional language)?

• Lpfz Lpfz
    ✭✭  / 

Yes I suppose it's their new strategy

My device is the Ta 1365 variant, it's for the near East version but it works perfectly in Europe . It's double sim and I chose my local European language everything is fine except the weather app included in the Android One software. That is rather weird .

Another thing that annoys me is the speaker quality , hmd should care about the sound quality of their phones.

I have used Nokia phones since the feature phone age , through the late Lumia age and into hmd present, the times I have tried Chinese phones during some lapses I don't know why they never convince me , they are feature packed but for one reason or the other their built quality , preinstalled bloatware and adds and their sometimes unrealistic photographic algorithms are far too out...

The pity is that hmd shoul take more care of the software side of their devices or develop some kind of a proper software of their own.

Hardware side at least use better and more modern micro processors and their smartphones should have a minimum 64gb ram , less is not enough these days .

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

What's the battery charging time for this phone from 0-100%

• Lpfz Lpfz
    ✭✭  / 

Perfect smartphone for my needs , I just hope that the future updates won't mess the phone.

• jsanchez jsanchez
    ✭✭  / 

Yes I suppose it's their new strategy

My device is the Ta 1365 variant, it's for the near East version but it works perfectly in Europe . It's double sim and I chose my local European language everything is fine except the weather app included in the Android One software. That is rather weird .

Another thing that annoys me is the speaker quality , hmd should care about the sound quality of their phones.

I have used Nokia phones since the feature phone age , through the late Lumia age and into applinked hmd present, the times I have tried Chinese phones during some lapses I don't know why they never convince me , they are feature packed but for one reason or the other their built quality , preinstalled bloatware and adds and their sometimes unrealistic photographic algorithms are far too out...

The pity is that hmd shoul take more care of the software side of their devices or develop some kind of a proper software of their own.

Hardware side at least use better and more modern micro processors and their smartphones should have a minimum 64gb ram , less is not enough these days .

Can't agree more. Amazing analysis :)

• Lonewolf2105 Lonewolf2105
    ✭✭  / 

Good to hear, but lets be frank. In india nokia 3.4 is the best phone as it is snappier than the 5.4 and a lot more than the G20. The reason i believe to be the manufacturer. N3.4 is manufactured by padget electronics where as the G20 by lava international. Padget makes better nokia phones.

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

FYI, even Nokia 5.4 is manufactured by Padget Electronics in India.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Honestly the 5.4 is a much better performing phone than the g20 and 3.4 is much slower than the 5.4 or the g20. Not sure what you are using to compare performance. The 5.4 is superior to either.