Why nokia bringing a knife to a gunfighting?? (Regarding Nokia G20 launch in India)

Are you serious nokia guys? Why you bring this low spec phone in this price range into the playground of redmi note 10,realme narzo 30 ,poco M3, Samsung f22 etc.

Why nokia bringing a knife to a gunfighting?? (Regarding Nokia G20 launch in India)

Vigil Vigil
✭✭  / 

Are you serious nokia guys? Why you bring this low spec phone in this price range into the playground of redmi note 10,realme narzo 30 ,poco M3, Samsung f22 etc. Aren't they monitoring the current smartphone sale trend in india. Don't stay low nokia. Disappointing for a nokia fan like me. What about you guys???

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited July 17

The price does feel a little bit on the higher side but then Nokia phones come with a clean UI, no ads or a lot of bloatware like all the other phones you mentioned. Also, I am aware about these brands putting bloatware via OTA updates which is not done by Nokia/HMD. Maybe if HMD also did all these notorious activities the price of phones would have been lower but then we would have got phones filled with junk.

This is the reason Nokia is charging a premium and also for the brand value. Nokia G20 will also get updates till Android 13 and 3 years of monthly security patches which non of these phones offer (correct me here if I am wrong about updates). Nokia G20 has OZO Audio as well which is a nice little feature to have at this price point. The design is original too and doesn't look the same as other phones.

Then comes the target market of this phone. This phone isn't for people who want to play games. It is for basic users and it will perform well for all the day-to-day basic tasks without giving any major issues. But, I do agree that the phone feels expensive at 12500 and would have been a much attractive deal if the price was set around 11000.

Regarding Knife in a gunfight. I don't think Nokia phones even try to compete directly with aggressively priced phones from Chinese brands.

• Vigil Vigil
    ✭✭  / 

Entry level phone like poco c3 is using mediatek g35 processor in its 7k phone. If the price is between 10k and 11k then it's should be more fair price on considering all your pointed out facts .

• Van Thieu Van Thieu
    ✭✭  / 

There is always a suggested retail price and a markup price from certain retailers reselling the device to you. Most likely you're paying a premium for the middleman to redistribute the goods to you. If there is an option to buy direct from Nokia then you should go with that route instead and you'll cut out the mark-up imposed by the retailer.

• krishnasnapshots krishnasnapshots
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

It happens because the Indian market might not be in the focus of the Global team while making and launching new products. (ex. Keeping aside the reason for the unavailability of 5G in India, amazing smartphones like 8.3 still misses the Indian market which disappoints the fans and marks a question on the brand). Secondly, even launching a few of them in India after creating a long delay, reduces the hype of the product, and later no one cares (G20 launched in the first week of April and is available in the first week of July). Their target is only a few people because of which Nokia remains on the outskirts of the competition/market share.

• amal ジョー amal ジョー
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 3

Exactly! They are already cutting too many corners, why sacrifice on performance? The design is a downgrade from 3.4, avg screen, avg camera, avg build quality. There's nothing special about this device. Why even provide 2yrs of software updates for this device? From what I know this is just a revised version of an old mediatek processor and in 2yrs performance of this device is going to drop significantly. I can only recommend this phone to my grandma. 😅

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Day to day tasks on this phone feels very sluggish. The UI is not well optimised and there's a lot of stuttering.

Even their Nokia 2.4 performs better than this phone.