At a Glance weather widget freeze

Hi everyone! I hope you can give me support on the issue I have. Here it is: At a Glance widget worked normally when I bought the phone a month ago.

At a Glance weather widget freeze

Tintinos Tintinos
✭✭  / 

Hi everyone! I hope you can give me support on the issue I have. Here it is:

At a Glance widget worked normally when I bought the phone a month ago. But then, I started to use Bedtime Mode (do not disturb, greyscale, black screen, all on) and when the phone woke up in the morning. The At a glance weather widget showed the weather from yesterday. (It just froze, even if I click the little weather icon in the At a Glance widget and refresh it, the weather do not change, I have to restart the phone so the weather widget can work)

I contacted chat support and did everything they asked like; try safe mode, clear cache and data, uninstall updates etc... With no end, whatever I do At a Glance weather freeze after Bedtime Mode is finished.

Only if I turn off Bedtime mode that At a Glance weather work normally.

I'm asking if anyone maybe have a different solution or had the same issue as mine?

Maybe on the next security and software update, the issue will be resolved.

Thanks for reading this and hopefully to get some answers. :)

Tagged:

Comments

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

I don't seem to encounter the problem you described regarding the weather widget, to me it seems to work as it should.

The only suggestion I can give you is to try a soft reset, it seems that Nokia even sponsors it on a weekly basis: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/63547/weekly-soft-reset

• Tintinos Tintinos
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks abecedario for your answer. Is it working when you enable everything in bedtime mode and enable wake up time?

Yeah, I read about the soft reset and will do it every week.

Well, again, the At a Glance weather widget froze today after using bedtime mode (everything on) yesterday. I had to restart the phone so the weather could update. I just don't want to do a factory reset just for a widget to work especially that this is a brand new phone that I like a lot. I'll try to contact support again or maybe wait for other solutions.

Cheers!

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

it works even with the relax-mode enabled and wake up time, I understand that it works because I see that the temperature marked in the widget is the same as that of another widget (the weather channel) present in another screen besides the home

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 22

here I am, today for the first time I also encounter the problem of the frozen weather widget, the first time this has happened for over 1 month.

it correctly indicates the day, but the weather icon (there is the moon instead of the sun) and the temperature are presumably stopped several hours ago.

obviously after restarting the phone the widget was immediately updated...

• Tintinos Tintinos
    ✭✭  / 

Hey abecedario, I'm sorry it happened to you as well. It was about the same time frame as me when the At a Glance weather widget froze. And yeah, only a restart fix it but restarting everyday your phone is not good.

But now for me, the weather widget is not even appearing. :/ It's gone even after restarting the phone.

I read someone that if the screen is dark for too long, the weather widget froze but I haven't tested it yet as I'm using another weather widget.

Did you contact the support chat? If yes, what did they told you? If would be nice to post here if there is a solution as I kinda like the At a Glance weather widget. :)

Keep me posted.

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

I've sent a feedback about this problem, I'll tell you their reply

• Tintinos Tintinos
    ✭✭  / 

Any updates on this? :)

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

I've sent two error reports attaching screenshots and system logs, I didn't receive any reply and honestly I'm not confident that I'll ever receive it ...