When will X20 be released for sale in USA (officialy) not through 3rd party resellers

Anyone have any insight on when I can purchase on Amazon in USA ?

When will X20 be released for sale in USA (officialy) not through 3rd party resellers

Joe1242 Joe1242
✭✭  / 

Anyone have any insight on when I can purchase on Amazon in USA ?

Tagged:

Comments

• akbrian akbrian
    ✭✭  / 

Are there plans to get this phone "whitelisted" (approved) for service on AT&T in the USA?

• Joe1242 Joe1242
    ✭✭  / 

If ATT uses the same technology as T mobile , boost, mint , yada yada with a SIM card then it shouldent really matter if ATT approved it. should just work but will definitely not work on Verizon service

• akbrian akbrian
    ✭✭  / 

@Joe1242

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way anymore on AT&T. If it's not on the AT&T whitelist, it's not allowed on their network. Not only that, but they are doing IMEI sweeps periodically, so if you activate on an "approved" phone, then switch the SIM to another phone, then the SIM will be deactivated after some period of time. It has nothing to do with whether or not the phone meets the necessary specifications. I know first hand, both myself and another family member living in another state had to move our Nokia 6.1 phones to other carriers. One to T-Mobile in Oregon, and the other to GCI in Alaska. Only the phone manufacturer can pay AT&T for whitelisting. Which is why Nokia needs to provide some guidance on what their plans are. When I do replace my 6.1, I'd like to know that I could use AT&T again for service at some point in the future. Mainly because AT&T has better Canada and Mexico roaming than my local carrier.

• o pb o pb
     / 

I ordered the x20 on the internet. On 07/14 my package was in transit by DHL in Cologne, it was lost or damage.

We are 07/26, Nokia did not even follow up on my order, refunded? Shipping a new package?

You realize this amateurism, more than 10 days without decision.