[Feedback Friday] Teaser #2 - The things we do to our phones!

Hello everyone, Not long now until we can announce our exciting news!

[Feedback Friday] Teaser #2 - The things we do to our phones!

dipankar paul dipankar paul
Staff member  / 

Hello everyone,

Not long now until we can announce our exciting news!

To get you in the mood, here's some of the testing we've been doing on our new phone - and it’s withstood all of it.

What do you think is the most impressive or weirdest thing we've done?

Select one of the options below.

Let us know in the comments if your Nokia phone has encountered anything nearly as strange, and stand a chance to be selected for our next Campfire!

[Feedback Friday] Teaser #2 - The things we do to our phones! 39 votes

Kept it chilled in buckets of ice water on hot days
33%
singhnskpetrusnokianchetanRajatParasharichiraggohilthanoofnainapushp kumaradrian neacsuSamuel Baidenrt social marketingJustine ApostolTroy ClevelandRoobaroo 13 votes
Used the screen to crack open walnuts
25%
BeVenkateshKhalidShaikh5379praveenpKartik Gadanilesh520MdSadiqueMuviВиталий ЯкунинLawrence JBVibhorR 10 votes
People have chewed it... we didn't ask them to, they just did
25%
amal ジョーAndycool024Chetanssoninikhilkunwar0904MSB ROHANMakay ChapuletssumankumariRajansnapsNokia user06Po11da 10 votes
Rolled it around in boxes of nails
5%
Lawssjarnos111 2 votes
Kicked a football into the screen as hard as we could
10%
Sisu MattAppu MalikrishnasnapshotsBharath KB 4 votes

Comments

• Used the screen to crack open walnuts

To be honest, nothing like this happened with my phone. Very interesting!!!

• krishnasnapshots krishnasnapshots
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

To be honest, once my Nokia Seven Plus encountered a strange thing. Actually, I wanted to take a shot of the bonfire, preserving most of the details, so I went too close to the fire and took a couple of shots. In midst of it, I completely forgot that the phone is heating and it might cause danger. But being driven by a passion to capture the things and support of my Nokia Seven Plus let my vision go beyond the limits and fortunately, nothing happened to the device. The reason which I think behind this is that Nokia Phones are tested in extremely harsh conditions before giving in the hands of customers so that even if it goes beyond safe measures, it is going to survive.

• praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

The first thing that came to my mind after seeing this option was that meme video of a person casually opening beer bottles with iPhone and offering to friends, and after a couple of bottles, the phone breaks...

Definitely, after the launch of XR20... That video with comparison from XR20 will surely become trending...😂

Thankfully, nothing as such like this happened with any of my Nokias till now... But yes, many years back, in around 2007, my father had Nokia 6610 and while me and my brother were having a fight, my brother threw that phone like a stone.. Though I was saved from that deadly throw, but the phone got damaged as it hit the wall very hard.

• Bharath KB Bharath KB
    ✭✭✭  / 

As far as I believe in Nokia Aka HMD's product's quality standards you should have done the screen hardness stress test by kicking the football on them.

Because no one will keep their device in a bucket of ice , no one will use their device to crck open the walnuts and also roll them in a box of nails unless it is an Cheap Naptool ad.. And atlast no one will chew their mobile phone unless it is given to an growing up kid at 2 to 5 yrs old , if then the devices should be selled and advertised with a warning dialogue that shows not for 7 yrs old kid.

I believe you won't tested them as the Cheap Naptool commodity ad shows.

Thank you ☺️

Waiting for the new freshcomer

• Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Rolled it around in boxes of nails

I think of this option as the most impressive and weirdest test that can be done to a phone to check the overall durability and would love to see the new device performance with this test. Nails as we all know is metal and a phone rolled in a box full of them means it's insane.

No, I've not done any nail tests with my phone but tried nut cracking with my beloved Nokia 6 which had survived the test with flying colours😀

• Nokia user06 Nokia user06
    ✭✭  / 

🤣😂😎

• amal ジョー amal ジョー
    ✭✭✭  / 

I mean, it was okay if it was the banana phone... 😅

• thanoofnaina thanoofnaina
    ✭✭✭  / 

The crystals formed in water when they turn into the ice are so cool. I mean if the phone survives to capture those crystal formation. Wow, that would be mind-blowing.

And in another way What If...?

A phone that can withstand any heating issue whether it is due to the atmospheric temperature or excess use or when charging. The Cool guy is loved by all. Always chilled in any conditions.

I remember the days when I loved to hold on to my Nokia 6.1 every morning. It becomes ice-cold while lying idle for 4-6hrs. Giving me a chill and cool wake-up alarm.😍

• o pb o pb
     / 

For me Nokia is above all an incompetent sales department.

• o pb o pb
     / 

I ordered the x20 on the internet. On 07/14 my package was in transit by DHL in Cologne, it was lost or damaged

• o pb o pb
     / 

We are 07/26, Nokia did not even follow up on my order, refunded? Shipping a new package?

• o pb o pb
     / 

You realize this amateurism, more than 10 days without decision.

• o pb o pb
     / 

So I started by selling 2000 Nokia shares

• o pb o pb
     / 

I no longer believe in this company, Apple or Samsung are much more responsive

• MdSadique MdSadique
    ✭✭✭  / 

😯

• BeVenkatesh BeVenkatesh
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 26

• BeVenkatesh BeVenkatesh
    ✭✭✭  / 

• RajatParashari RajatParashari
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 27

Honestly, I haven't done anything like this with my phone but I always wanted Nokia to make such a phone. Which can be used and click pictures even in the rain. now that time has come. I will wait for Nokia XR20.

Please launch it in India as soon as possible.🇮🇳

• chiraggohil chiraggohil
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited July 28

After launching of XR20 on 27 I am very amazed with its build quality, toughness and ruggedness from teaser video I am very curious to perform some more weird test on it 😀 like 👇

1. As we seen on YouTube many of compression test of hammer phone Nokia 3310 vs iphone or other brands people done drop test from some certain hight, like that drop XR20 from 1000 feet hight or more 😁😜

2. Use XR20 as hammer to nail down on wood

3. Keep XR20 in liquid nitrogen

4. Keep XR20 in freezer for 12 hours and check if it is survive after complete frozen condition.

5. Test XR20 in under water photography while scuba diving.

6. Last but not least drop test of grand father Nokia 3310 Vs son Nokia XR20 😜😁 lets check who wins this Battle 💪

• Roobaroo Roobaroo
    ✭✭  /  edited July 30

Among the given options, keeping the XR20 in a bucket of ice water out in the sun sounds impressive, while having it chewed by people will be the weirdest one.

Apart from that, I would like to add that I remember reading about how a Nokia 301 got hit with a bullet and saved a man’s life some years ago. I tried looking for more details about it and found that similar incidents have happened in the past, with Nokia X2 and Nokia Lumia 520 being the saviors. That too without any additional cover or case.

It will be interesting to see if the Nokia XR20 can survive a gunshot with its military-standard body. Or will it be too much for THE THING? 😉

This discussion has been closed.