Where can I complain about the complaints department?

Long story short: 15.7. Ordered Nokia G20 from the official Nokia web store. It was send to me through DHL on the same day from German warehouse.

Where can I complain about the complaints department?

Acute Acute
✭✭  / 

Long story short:

15.7. Ordered Nokia G20 from the official Nokia web store. It was send to me through DHL on the same day from German warehouse. As is very unfortunate, massive flooding occurred in Germany on the same day.

19.7. Contacted DHL because my order hadn't had any further updates since 15.7. DHL replyed that my shipment was damaged in the floods and that I would have to request for another one from the sender.

19.7. later that day I contacted Nokia support (only chat and e-mail support is available in my country). I was informed that my issue was forwarded to the complaints department and my issue would be processed "very soon".

21.7. Since I had not heard from Nokia's support, I asked for an update directly, and I was informed that they were "looking into it".

24.7. Since I had not heard from Nokia's support, I asked for an update directly, and I was informed that they were "looking into it".

[to be continued...]

Now obviously there are only two possible solutions to this: Either they send me a new phone, or I get a refund. Now, I kind of need a new phone ASAP, as my phone died, and my backup phone has very limited battery life. I've tried to communicate on this matter with the support, asking if I should simply make another order or something, so I can get the wheels rolling again, but instead the support asks me to wait ad infinitum. Is there any way out of this surrealistic limbo?

Comments

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  / 

26.7. No further updates from support.

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  / 

27.7. No further updates from support.

• luis garcia01 luis garcia01
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

Just to let you know that I'm also in the same situation, with my package stranded in Germany and Nokia's support incapable of providing a solution, just looping infinitely through bureaucracy.

No idea what to do, it's been two weeks and at this point I just want my money refunded.

😩

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for sharing this! 🤗 If you used Visa, PayPal or something similar to pay, you should probably try chargeback through your bank etc. That's what I'm going to do after hearing your story.

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  / 

28.7. No further updates from the imaginary complaints department.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi, did you try reaching to them on social media, such as the Nokia Mobile's twitter handle for your region? 

Sadly, there's nobody from customer service teams who's on the community forums and active. So, I can't even ask you to contact xyz or tag them here. Hence, social media teams might have a better access to the internal teams whom can possibly help you in escalating your issue and getting more details about what happened to your package and what hmd will do next (refund or replacement).  

And if there's still no resolution, I'd recommend that you file a transaction dispute with your card issuer (mastercard/Visa/AMEX) and they will investigate the issue and get you a refund. I've used it in some rare cases where the merchants were unhelpful and Mastercard helped me in getting my money back. It may take several weeks though.

Also, @dipankar paul, can you escalate this? The customer service at the official store is still significantly lacking from what I've seen.

✭✭  / 

Thanks for your input. I tried contacting them via Twitter and they just send me the link to customer support. 🤷

Using the chargeback through the bank might be the best course of action at this point 😕

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  / 

29.7. No further updates from support.

Solving a simple issue like this takes surprisingly long time to "investigate" apparently.

Tried reaching out for them at Twitter, but they completely ignored my message. Not suprising considering that they are probably outsourced to the Nth degree, while the actual support team remeans ever so elusive (if they exist in the first place).

Yeah, yesterday I send Nokia support a message formally demanding a refund. If that doesn't happen within 14 days, my bank will help me and perform a chargeback.

Although at this point merely getting my money back feels like a loss, considering how much time without pay I've put into this, and how they have kept my money hostage for all this time, without paying interest.

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  / 

Surviving Nokia Mobile support. #ToughestTest

Sometimes I feel like being part of some elaborate XR20 advertisement: Yeah I get, the XR20 would have survived the flood.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I believe the center of the problem is outsourcing. The regular (outsourced) customer support would have sent such requests to the real (and small) support staff to check and make the necessary changes to the order (refund, replace, or something) i.e. passing to higher authority people who can make such order-related decisions and these people aren't doing their job in a timely manner.

I am not sure if everybody goes through such issues, but I've heard quite many horror stories that I somewhat feel that one should rather just order from Amazon or any other partner and not from NokiaMobile's shop until they fix their customer service. Because order tracking and refunds are two issues that are quite common here.

I still hope yours gets resolved after such a long wait already! 🤞

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  / 

Thank you!

I totally understand that the surface support can't make any decisions on the matter, and it probably annoys them too, especially in relatively simple cases such as this. However, what kills me is total lack of communication from the deep support. It feels quite dystopian that there's no way of contacting them directly, or knowing that they exist in the first place.

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  /  edited July 30

30.7. No further updates from support...

...wait, I got a notification.

And I've been refunded.

And that's about it. I guess it's case closed then. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks for your attention and support.

I still need a new phone though. 😅

Have a nice weekend everybody!

✭✭  / 

Yes, I've also been refunded 🤩

I'm a bit saddened by the situation, I was really looking forward to owning a new Nokia phone after so many years since my last one.

It is what it is, now back to searching a new phone too... 😅

At least thanks to this post I haven't felt so alone in this frustrating endeavour that has been getting in touch with support. 😀

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  / 

Nice! 🤩

I'd say overall the support wasn't all bad:

5/5 for the overall outcome.

2.5/5 for the length it took to resolve the issue.

1/5 for the communication (any kind of update would have been appreciated).

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

And guys, if you like their phones, you can actually buy with confidence from their retailers. Possibly at a lesser price and with better customer service overall :)

I am glad that your refunds are processed. Refunds can take long to approve/process. They probably were waiting for DHL to certify that shipment is lost/damaged/missing so that they can also claim insurance to recover their loss.

You are right, all they probably needed was better communication and real-time updates about the current status. And if I can say something, a refund should be followed up with an email from a support rep about what went wrong, apologies for the delay in handling the case, that they have issued a refund and that they will be willing to see the customer shop with them again. Or even include a small gift card for their shop as an apology for the displeasure to the customer.

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  / 

I'd actually prefer buying straight from the manufactures, as I'd imagine that without a middle man they'd get better mark-up. Maybe that's not how it works, but it would explain how Nokia can sell it's phones with free Bluetooth headphones. 🤔

• Acute Acute
    ✭✭  / 

BTW support also promised me a -10% coupon last Friday. I asked when I would get it, but they just said that I should keep an eye out for my inbox (apparently some other department is in charge of those, because they just didn't give it right away). Now here I am almost a week later waiting for my coupon, as I'm not going to water the opportunity to use it to try purchase a phone. 😂

Fool me once, shame on Nokia. Fool me twice, shame on me.

• Alex. Alex.
    ✭✭  /  edited August 9

There is no such thing as Nokia Customer Support. They unable to do two simplest Customer Support things: cancel order, and create return for an order.

How do I return the phone if Customer Support unable to do it??