Nokia 1 Plus - Android 11 GO Horrors!

Back when i got this phone, it came with Android 9. It wasn't perfect, but worked pretty well! Than, Android 10 came.

Nokia 1 Plus - Android 11 GO Horrors!

K00zie K00zie
✭✭  / 

Back when i got this phone, it came with Android 9. It wasn't perfect, but worked pretty well!

Than, Android 10 came. The phone got "heavier", bad optimized for the phone, but, again, it worked pretty well.

We reach Android 11... and oh boy...! The phone is faster than Android 10, more "agile", works flawlessly, until not...

First: The first "start up" sound is blasting through the speakers like crazy!

Second: I CANNOT watch any YouTube video for longer than 40 minutes, otherwise the phone will "lock" itself on a neverending lag! Even after I close the YT app! The only way to "fix" this is to restart the phone, which is unpractical!

Third: For some reason, the Dark Theme from time to time stop working on certain screens, for ex: the system update screen.

Fourth: Where are the updates? Always behind 2 or 3 months.

I DEMAND a functional phone that I have PAID for, otherwise I'll sue whoever rules Nokia! This is an outrageous behavior! Also, who "tested" Android 11 on this phone and said: "Looks nice to me, it can make calls and send messages. Ship it!"

...Nokia brand? I am close to the "Never Again! ...

Comments

• Roobaroo Roobaroo
    ✭✭  / 

Fourth: Where are the updates? Always behind 2 or 3 months.

Nokia 1 Plus moved to quarterly security patches after February 2021. So, it will now receive a new update once in every three months.

• K00zie K00zie
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it!

Update: After a "factory reset", the "second" problem has gone! However, it did start after the last security update! ... Can't you guys at HMD make things correctly? How hard can be to deliver an update without messing with the phone?...

• basit2241 basit2241
    ✭✭  / 

My friend atleast you are lucky that you get android 11 go on Nokia 1 plus but still in Pakistan region the android 11 update has not roll out plus the update screen problem Is not for Nokia 1 plus android 11 update but unfortunately this problem Is global Google play system update 24.18.18 has cause this bug on every android device even android 10 just wait for the next Google play system update it will be fixed by Google one day not Nokia fault in it. Further new security updates will be relased to fix the bugs on 11

• basit2241 basit2241
    ✭✭  / 

Also tell me does android 11 has fixed the wired charging bug in Nokia 1 plus that when actively device while charging does it top up the battery please also let me know where are you located in which country and region as still no android 11 update for Pakistan region

• K00zie K00zie
    ✭✭  / 

Update: It seems that the factory reset did nothing after all! I can't watch any YouTube video on the YouTube app for longer than 40 minutes. The phone will start lagging and become unresponsive! I have to restart the device to temporarily fix the problem. I don't know if it's the app itself, or the android 11 mess...

This was ok before android 11. HMD should hire TRUSTABLE product testers! ...

I will do some more testing with the browser version of YouTube, and some other websites. I'll keep you updated.

• K00zie K00zie
    ✭✭  / 

Thank you for the info, it's one less problem to be concerned about! Really appreciated it!

I am sorry to hear that, HMD really failing... but don't worry, you're not missing much! If you can, stay with android 10. There's nothing new about android 11 go. No gestures at all, and only weird problems with the phone. It's runs smoother than android 10, but you lose system stability.

Cheers 👍🏻

• K00zie K00zie
    ✭✭  / 

I've never had any problems related to the battery or the charging process, so I can't be much of a help... sorry.

I am from Portugal, and we only got the android 11 update after a month of the initial wave release. You should be receiving it in a few days, ""i hope"".

Cheers 👍🏻

• usuario236156 usuario236156
    ✭✭  / 

Hello

I suffer from the same problem with my nokia 1 plus upgraded to android 11go and with the first patch from may 2021. After using it for a while it crashes and I can't use any apps because they don't open, I have to restart it, it's the only way to get the problem fixed and it's unpleasant. Hopefully there will be a solution soon.

• Pelv45 Pelv45
    ✭✭  / 

Since the latest update Bluetooth no longer works on my 1 Plus. I note this is the case with other Nokia phones running Android 11. I can no longer use hands free in the car or connect to my fitness watch. I have cleared all the caches including Bluetooth.

Also, does anyone know how to get the phone to use the additional memory card? Some apps seem to use it for data but I invariably get an insufficient memory alert when updating apps.

Thanks