Introducing Nokia XR20

Hello everyone, We’re happy to add the new Nokia XR20 to our family!

Introducing Nokia XR20

Nikhil.V Nikhil.V
Staff member  /  edited July 27

Hello everyone,

We’re happy to add the new Nokia XR20 to our family!

We’re super excited about what you think about the new Nokia XR20 – and our team is on hand to answer your queries!

If you have any questions, write them in the comments below, and we’ll have these folks to get you the answers:

· Adam Ferguson, Head of Product Management

· Miika Mahonen, Principal Designer

· Petri Hayrynen, Senior Product Marketing Manager

So, ask away!

Nokia XR20 – Military strength, artistically crafted

The Nokia XR20 is one good-looking, tough, long-lasting smartphone. The casing is made to military standards MIL-STD-810H, and the screen is our toughest glass yet. So, you can drop it, get it wet, and even record your kid’s football game in the roughest weather – if it gets dirty, you can just clean it with soap and water.

Safe and secure

We keep our lives on our phones. So, we have to trust that what’s in there stays private. The Nokia XR20 comes with monthly security updates for 4-years – so, you can keep your hopes, dreams, ideas, pictures, notes, schedules and emails safe and secure for years to come. Sorry, hackers.

Stay updated. For years and years

The XR20 is built to survive - and that includes what’s on the inside as well. So, while it comes with the latest, fastest, most secure Android™11, it also comes with up to 3 years of OS upgrades and 4 years of monthly security updates, so your phone will be up to date into 2024.

The toughest of tough screens

This is our toughest screen yet – Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus™ stands out in sunlight and is strong enough to resist the whims of kids, the slobber of pets, as well as drops, scratches and even a little bit of water. It’s also sensitive enough to react to your touch, even with gloves on. And it comes as standard on XR20.

Capture life in the fast lane.

The Nokia XR20's 48MP and 13MP UW cameras with dedicated flashes are serious about capturing detail, regardless of the lighting condition. The new SpeedWarp mode with super-stabilization lets you fast forward to the key moments, while OZO spatial audio capture with wind-noise cancellation makes sure you capture only the sounds you want.

It’s OZO good

The XR20 dials up the audio with OZO Playback technology letting you experience every booming detail through the extra loud stereo speakers. So, you can surround yourself in out-of-this-world audio entertainment.

Check out the Nokia XR20 on the Nokia mobile phones store!

Comments

• krishnasnapshots krishnasnapshots
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

And here the NOKIA is back! a warm welcome to the new life-proof companion 😍

• xindizhe xindizhe
    ✭✭  / 

So coooool

• Adebayo Arasi Adebayo Arasi
    ✭✭  / 

This is a big plus for Nokia. Nice design, truly Nokia XR20 is a well configured phone. I should have waited a little bit to buy this gem before buying Nokia X20. My question here is this, aside the ruggedness of XR20 what are the hidden features of XR20.

• thanoofnaina thanoofnaina
    ✭✭✭  / 

Same Question as @RajatParashari asked.

When will hit the Indian market?

Many are eagerly waiting to know the dates.

• Mizachs Mizachs
    ✭✭  / 

Does Nokia XR20 have cinema mode? Action mode? What's SpeedWarp?

• shriram fowkar shriram fowkar
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 27

Is 15th September Launch date in India as reported by few online portals ?

Does it have Stereo Speakers ?

I am a proud Nokia 7 Plus Owner using it for last 3 years. Due for a new phone. Would love to have my next phone with Stereo Speakers as I am a lover of Music and Photography. So Sound, Camera and of course Display are my primary considerations.

Once I heard about XR20 this is first in my list for the next phone if its reasonably and competitively priced in India. Hoping for the best.

• jeffianFM jeffianFM
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Nikhil.V so we'll expecting that this model will be limited in terms of availability to country or region? And this will be prioritize again in Indian Market?

Your comments/feedbacks is most appreciated.

-From Philippines Fans 🇵🇭

• Luke Staunton Luke Staunton
    ✭✭  / 

My questions are:

a) What led you to believe a rugged-type phone was a viable product in the current market?

and

b) How did you balance the requirements of a rugged build with a more refined design and aesthetic?

• nikhilkunwar0904 nikhilkunwar0904
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Same Question as @RajatParashari asked.

When will it come to India? 🇮🇳

• praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

My questions

1. What is the idea behind launching a Rugged phone? Are people really interested in such phones? Does it affect the overall market of a brand? The number of rugged phones are next to zero in the current times, then how does a brand afford it's R&D costs and sales revenues?
    2. What is the potential market of such phones? To whom are these phones targeted?
    3. Can phones with superior internals be launched with rugged specs? Like high-end processors and efficient cooling systems? If not, then what are the limitations encountered in production/implementation?
    4. Does repairing of such phones require special training?
  • PRIMAL TECH PRIMAL TECH
    ✭✭  / 

I have a single question.

And that is....

When will Nokia XR20 launch in Pakistan?

Nokia X10/20 isn't even launched here yet. And the distributor of Nokia is doing a poor job of bringing Nokia devices here and selling them. They brought the G series but there's no signs of X10 and 20 and I'm hoping to buy XR20 LOL.

• Fred Bobardo Fred Bobardo
    ✭✭  / 

It looks like a great phone and a good replacement for my Nokia 7 plus.

Will there be an 8GB version of the Nokia XR20?

Will Nokia be selling a wireless charger?

• Fred Bobardo Fred Bobardo
    ✭✭  / 

Dedicated Google Assistant buttons have put me off buying recent Nokia phones. Is this button programmable like the new top button?

• chiraggohil chiraggohil
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited July 28

Very Excited to see this legend in peoples and hand very soon, very amazing teaser video. Looks it seems one of the toughest and rugged phone currently in smartphone market.

My question is why XR20 is launched silently? It should announce in live stream or Media coverage so people can interact more and launch time is also so uncomfortable for many region's.

Another question is the XR20 has OIS and lossless optical Zoom ?

Any special glass protection use for camera lens ?

• user1541223954444 user1541223954444
    ✭✭  / 

Presently I was using nokia 6.1 plus it's really good if there is some issue in phone then immediately some patch update it fixed that issue.once x20 is released I will go for that one the features are awesome especially updates to mobile and strong body for future purpose in long run. I request for nokia to bring whatsapp support from nokia care as like laptop support service in secure way

• user1541223954444 user1541223954444
    ✭✭  / 

I am awaiting for this xr20 it really brings high value in the market to competative. I am really awaiting much for this type of mobile

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

And oh boy, @madbilly, you'll definitely have some questions. If you are around, please jump in :D I'm waiting for something from your perspective.

• emaz anwar emaz anwar
    ✭✭✭  / 

U guys are unable to deliver android 11 upgrade to ur devices and on the other hand promising 4 years of updates? Have some shame please. It u don't have then tell me n I will make u learn what shame is...

• nilesh520 nilesh520
    ✭✭  / 

1) What is SpeedWarp camera mode? Please explain in detail.

2) Why there is no Pure-Display technology for Nokia XR20? If it is why not it mentioned?

3) Why OnePlus Nord 2 steal Nokia mobile bothie/dualphotography function?

• bourbon123 bourbon123
     /  edited July 28

I'm very interested in the XR20 for my business. Will this phone work with Tmobile in the USA? Specifically the 5g bands?

• Band n71 (600 MHz)
    • Band n41 (2.5 GHz)
    • Band n260 (39 GHz)
    • Band n261 (28 GHz)

The n71 (600MHz) band is what I am most interested in as it has covers most of the US.

I found some technical documentation at https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=6506 that shows the XR20 supporting band 71 but it shows it as an LTE 4G band (which I don't think exists) instead of it being band n71 5G. Does the modem support n71 but the technical name is just 71?

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @bourbon123,

I think you can find the supported bands on this page: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_gb/nokia-xr-20/specs

Cheers 🙂