Wifi connectivity issue

wifi connection signal drop suddenly and getting disconnected frequently.After updating to android 11.Even iam sitting beside the router.

Wifi connectivity issue

Sanath T Sanath T
✭✭  /  edited August 7

wifi connection signal drop suddenly and getting disconnected frequently.After updating to android 11.Even iam sitting beside the router.

Comments

• Chris WG Chris WG
    ✭✭  / 

Getting the same thing. Updated yesterday, and immediately the wifi became flaky.

I reset the network settings and restarted, makes no difference.

• nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Turn off the bluetooth and try once again

• Sanath T Sanath T
    ✭✭  / 

After android 11 update wifi connectivity has no consistent.Getting frequently disconnected.This is reduculous bug.I have absorbed in 5 device of same model 5.3.

• Rick1975 Rick1975
    ✭✭  / 

Using setting, mac adress from device instead of random solved this for me.

No further issues yet with Android 11

• Chris WG Chris WG
    ✭✭  / 

This helped – it still tends to disconnect, especially if I'm not next to the router, but it's much better than before.

I'm still hoping for a better fix.

• Donkey Donkey
    ✭✭  / 

It did happened to my 5.3! I never thought it's the issue by updated Android 11. Past days I suffered the same issue, weaker signal & sudden offline. Just considered to ask ASUS for the RMA of my AP. Thank you let me know that's not my problem & how to deal with it. We aren't alone 😂

• I asked their tech support about update to solve WiFi problem, I have it too. Polish support doesn't know about any update.

• asdf2 asdf2
     / 

Same issue after upgrade to A11. Tried changing some AP options and parameters, and phone parameters - like random MAC, and a few options in developer menu, disabling BT, no significant changes. On A10, 5GHz wifi worked no so great for me, but 2.4GHz worked well, on A11 5GHz still works not so great, but 2.4GHz works horribly.

Yesterday I disabled mobile data without rebooting the phone (LTE, no idea what Band), and now suddenly 2.4 works well again. It looks like it still works now even when I enable mobile data back.

• Falke Falke
    ✭✭  / 

I'm having the same WiFi connectivity issues after the Android 11 update. My mobile data and Bluetooth are both turned off most of the time. Changing WiFi connection settings to "Use device MAC" does not seem to help.