Nokia 8.x series and Bluetooth (r)SAP

Hello Forum, I bought a Nokia 8.3 5G two month ago and enjoying it most the time.

Nokia 8.x series and Bluetooth (r)SAP

ruscello ruscello
✭✭  / 

Hello Forum,

I bought a Nokia 8.3 5G two month ago and enjoying it most the time.

Before that, I was using a Nokia 8.1 for almost 3 years and before the latter, I had a Nokia 8. These two phones had Bloetooth (r)SAP, remote SIM access profile on board. It has some advantages when you connect with a car handsfree system having an own GSM module.

When I bought new smartphones in the past, it was always a k.o. criteria to have rSAP on board. When I pruchased the Nokia 8.3 5G I did not check the specs with respect to this point as I firmly assumed that it will support rSAP as it's predecessors.

But it doesn't. :(

Bluetooth connectivity with car handsfree works basically w/o rSAP but for me it's not the same.

I am wondering why HMD removed the rSAP profile from the Nokia 8.x series and if it would be possible to deliver it with some firmware update?

Best regards

ruscello

Tagged:

Comments

• NSU1200C NSU1200C
    ✭✭  / 

rSAP depends both on the SOC and the software implementation. I see some people mentioning problems with rSAP related to Android 11. I am not yet sure what the exact problem with the 8.3 is.