Shortcut lost after system update

Today I received the August Google Play update, for the second time (with July update too) every link I put on the home screens have been lost, both quick links to web pages and quick links that the various apps allow to have.

Shortcut lost after system update

abecedario abecedario
✭✭✭  / 

Today I received the August Google Play update, for the second time (with July update too) every link I put on the home screens have been lost, both quick links to web pages and quick links that the various apps allow to have. Happens to someone else too?

Comments

• The Johan The Johan
    ✭✭  / 

My X20 completely **** up... Tried everything but flashing new firmware/rom.... Iḿ stuck... help please

• The Johan The Johan
    ✭✭  / 

It just reboots, tried to adb reboot bootloader but it just keeps on getting into fastboot mode, no hard or soft reset works, wont bootup, just goes directly to this screen

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

it happened again and I found out when this problem occurs: only if I turn off the phone and turn it back on later, after several minutes/hours, after restarting the links to some applications (e.g. my Play Store apps, websites, quick notes OneNote, links to files on Google Drive) disappear from my home screens; if instead I simply restart the phone then all the connections remain in their positions...

this problem is unnerving! 😤

• kev kev
    ✭✭  / 

Thats strange. Which launcher do you use?

I use the Microsoft Launcher and can not reproduce this issue.

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

I'm using the default launcher, I have not installed any others

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

more: saturday evening I turned off the phone after a week that I had left it on (in standby at night), sunday morning after turning it on I lost the links; yesterday I tried to turn the phone off and on again (not restarting it) several times and it didn't happen; the previous times in which this problem had occurred I remember having lost the links always after turning off and then turning the phone back on after having left it working for days.

as usual, next saturday night I will turn it off and see if I have lost the links on sunday morning...

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

this weekend everything went smoothly, no problems with lost links in my home screens. the mystery deepens...