How is your battery on Sirocco and have you replaced it?

Mine is getting preety bad. I've installed one of those battery monitoring apps and it shows only 2000mah from 0 to 100.

How is your battery on Sirocco and have you replaced it?

trckojr trckojr
✭✭  / 

Mine is getting preety bad. I've installed one of those battery monitoring apps and it shows only 2000mah from 0 to 100. I know these apps can't be trusted, but it seems accurate to me. Have you maybe replaced the battery and which one did you use if you can't find the original? Thanks.

Best Answer

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  /  edited September 14 Accepted Answer

I change battery few months ago. My phone is 3.5 years old and battery life was below a day. Also software for battery check (like Accubattery) is not work properly with the Android 10, so information about capacity of battery is not right even with new battery.

You should carefully choose which battery to order, because most of them are with worst capacity compare with the old one (chinese bad quality). I change and return 3 different types of battery's before find good one. There is no original battery in the market, everything is fake (look like original, but are fake).

Currently I found this battery is the best:

I change battery myself, it's not very difficult, there is a many videos on YouTube. You need to slice glue between frame and back panel to open it. There is a special tool for this or you can use razor blade like me. The only problem is that after opening of phone it is not waterproof anymore, but I can live with this. With new battery I have almost 2 days battery live.

Answers

• trckojr trckojr
    ✭✭  / 

That's what I feared, that if I used a random Chinese battery that it would be even worse than the original. You helped me a lot with attaching the one that is good. Thank you!

As for the waterproofing, the back glass on mine is already cracked, so I might replace the glass as well, while I'm at it. But I wouldn't trust any phone to retain water resistance after 3.5 years.

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 

Back panel is ceramic, not a glass I think. On my phone fingerprint sensor is glued to the back panel, so be careful when opening the phone

• trckojr trckojr
    ✭✭  / 

Ok, I'll be careful, thanks again :)