Introducing Nokia G50

Welcome to the Nokia phones family - the Nokia G50! A better-quality phone is better for you, better for your pocket, and better for the planet.

Introducing Nokia G50

dipankar paul dipankar paul
Staff member  / 

Welcome to the Nokia phones family - the Nokia G50!

A better-quality phone is better for you, better for your pocket, and better for the planet. That’s the idea behind Nokia G50, a future-proofed smartphone that’s great for today and ready for tomorrow. It’s 5G-ready thanks to the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 480 5G Mobile Platform at its core.

Nokia G50 is also equipped with a battery that can last for days, a 48 MP triple camera supported by AI and image stabilisation, Nordic reliability and build quality, and the very latest Android™ 11, with 2 years of OS updates and 3 years of monthly security updates.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jkk312 Jkk312
    ✭✭  / 

Nice if price is reasonable it will be huge hit in india

• Ogar parmar Ogar parmar
    ✭✭✭  / 

Very nice the to see new devices comming!

This device looks really good, only if you make it available for the customers soon in india as well.

I would suggest you to please give an option to the customers to choose a smaller version of an device is the mini verson, as not everyone likes bigger and taller phones, now a days people prefer smaller devices like me. So i request you to please make a smaller & compact device to make it easier to use & keep with us!

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

It so far does not look to be coming to India. The document that I accessed has data for almost all the main markets except India :P

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited September 25

The Nokia G50 does seem like a reasonable buy, but it will depend on how much price difference is maintained from the Nokia X10 (if it is pushed in the markets where the X10 is already there) because the X10 obviously looks better with its Punch-hole camera as compared to the Nokia G50's notch.

The current prices do pitch it relatively close to the Nokia X10, which I believe will be an overlap once again. Maybe instead of building a whole new phone and putting resources into it, the production volume of the Nokia X10 must have been increased and then pass on the better price advantage to the consumers. Anyways, that's just my theory, and a smartphone named Nokia G50 is already announced.

Depending on the prices, the G50 can be a good buy. For example around the introductory price of 1499 RMB in China, it is a good buy for the 128GB of UFS2.2 onboard storage. I am not sure of the price competitiveness in Europe though. I wish there was a punch-hole FHD display without the chin, everything else remaining the same!

Somehow I also wonder how the same ODMs can make phones for Motorola, Xiaomi, and others without the big chin. I shut up before somebody will give me "superior modem" and "antenna" as the excuse.

• Onion21 Onion21
    ✭✭  / 

Please make a compact around the size of the Nokia 3 I loved that device but it's internal memory was to small.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

That's not the case tbh. There has to be a balance.

• jtb jtb
    ✭✭  / 

sounds good the G50. Will it arrive in Indonesia? My Nokia 6.1 is already 3 Years old and I am looking for a new phone. (and G20 is not the correct replacement)

• amal ジョー amal ジョー
    ✭✭✭  / 

Screen is a big let down. water drop notch design is a downgrade from 5.4's punchhole design. The hige chin is still there. HD resolution would have been nice in a smaller device, but at 6.8 inches you will be able count pixels. Why do you keep increasing the screen size?!

• user1529883076460 user1529883076460
    ✭✭✭  / 

I had a 6.1 and moved to the G20. I agree the G50 is probably more suitable. That said, I got my G20 cheaply as it's a carrier prepaid phone, it was actually a bargain. If they did it with the G50 I'd buy in a heartbeat.

• akbrian akbrian
    ✭✭  / 

Are you sure the band specifications are correct for the US variant? I see the n71 band, but not the LTE (b?) 71 band.   The T-Mobile website shows their Extended Range LTE bands being,

Band 12 (700 MHz) & Band 71 (600 MHz)

The G50 isn't on the AT&T approved list, which means it currently can't be used on AT&T.

I'd very much consider purchasing one today if it has b71, which seems to be the new rural area T-Mobile core band, as the 600MHz has better range, as I understand it. What is the full model number for the US variant?

• Roobaroo Roobaroo
    ✭✭  /  edited October 5

@akbrian

What is the full model number for the US variant?

It is TA-1390.

• jtb jtb
    ✭✭  / 

Agree, I bought a 5.3 but doesn't work so good as the 6.1

• Hedwigus Hedwigus
     / 

Worse in Indonesia only get G20 #LOL then we choose Xiaomi as well

• loco73 loco73
    ✭✭  / 

Great looking device. While I like the whole portfolio of devices Nokia has launched over the past few years, more recently the standouts for me have been the Nokia 8.3 5G, the Nokia XR 20 and this, the Nokia G50. 👍👍