Torch switches off at 15% battery

Why does torch become greyed out at 15% battery, can this annoying feature be disabled?

Torch switches off at 15% battery

Why does torch become greyed out at 15% battery, can this annoying feature be disabled? I live in a country with constant power interruptions , I should still be able to use torch at 15% battery.

Comments

• jewelie jewelie
    ✭✭  / 

This sounds like sensible behaviour. The torch will potentially use a LOT of power. Using lots of power with torch when battery is low may make a phone unstable.

• 15 percent is way to high to disable torch. Maybe 5 percent I'd understand but 15 percent is to high.

• jewelie jewelie
    ✭✭  / 

If my understanding of battery chemistry is correct (which it might not be) then when the battery charge is getting very low, the less such a battery is able to cope with high current drain, ergo using it when the battery is low may make a phone unstable.

Is this a Google Android 11 thing or specific to this phone/Nokia. Remember that if it's a Google Android 11 thing, as the phone has Android One certification they presumably have to stick with standard Android 11 without tweaks.

• It's not like I'm going to leave it on for the full 15% of battery remaining, only while needing to see where I'm going or grabbing a candle, during power outages. It should be the users choice. I was always able to use it at low battery before, the torch function is useless now, and depends on if your phone is charged enough to use it.