Nokia 8.3 fingerprint sensor issue

Hi everyone. I recenty bought a Nokia 8.3 and I'm having problems with the fingerprint sensor.

Nokia 8.3 fingerprint sensor issue

DJS DJS
✭✭  / 

Hi everyone. I recenty bought a Nokia 8.3 and I'm having problems with the fingerprint sensor. It works fine for 90 % of the time but sometimes it just won't wake the phone up forcing me to press the power button. It's as if the fingerprint sensor just deactivated from time to time. Sometimes it won't even vibrate to indicate if the touching finger is right or wrong. Did anyone else have this issue ? Was it always there or is this an Android 11 thing ?

Comments

• Heathiopian Heathiopian
    ✭✭✭  / 

I've always experienced this with my 8.3 too send to happen more often with a case on the phone

• Van Thieu Van Thieu
    ✭✭  / 

Could be dirty sensor or you have shallow ridges on your fingerprint that makes it difficult to detect. Maybe try to register another finger.

• DJS DJS
    ✭✭  / 

I have two fingers registered. When this happens the sensor appears as if it was completely inactive. It doesnt even vibrate to indicate that it didnt recognise the finger. On the other hand when I press the power button the phone appears to be unlocked. My previous phone was Nokia 5.3 and the sensor there worked flawlessly with my fingers. This one sometimes refuses to work even when I wipe it with cloth and wash my hands.

• Walter19 Walter19
     / 

Hello,

Generally, the Nokia 8's fingerprint sensor gives a lot more fails than the ones I have had in other phones before (iPhone 5s and Honor 9 were fast and reliable in that matter). I also got a Samsung A5 (2017) for a work phone recently - it is about the same level of "you don't get in here" as the Nokia 8. All of those are way better than the pathetic "strike over" sensors that were built into the likes of Samsung S5 (and S5 mini) phones....CredibleBH

• DJS DJS
    ✭✭  / 

By Nokia 8 do you mean Nokia 8.3 or the actual OG Nokia 8 from 2017 ? My topic concerns Nokia 8.3.

• Van Thieu Van Thieu
    ✭✭  / 

You may want to wipe and clean both sensor and your fingers. Then re-register them.

• DJS DJS
    ✭✭  / 

You wrote the s

You wrote the same thing earlier and I responded to that. Repeating the same statement doesn't fix my issue

• Ledoo Ledoo
     / 

I got it today, a special phone, and I hope for more special versions

• DJS DJS
    ✭✭  / 

Is the fingerprint sensor always working on Your phone ?