I'm done with Nokia - it's a goodbye!

Ever since I bought this damn phone, there's not a single day I've used it without some bug or the other.

I'm done with Nokia - it's a goodbye!

Anshudip Karn Anshudip Karn
✭✭  / 

Ever since I bought this damn phone, there's not a single day I've used it without some bug or the other. Be it the camera, GPS, screen or the audio, there was always at least one bug which would make me hate this piece of ****. There have moments when I saw something amazing and wanted to capture it, the camera app would simply crash. Even before someone video called me, I couldn't pick the damn call because the cameras wouldn't respond. I always had to restart the phone. Similarly, sometimes the headphones wouldn't work properly because of the audio bug. At first I thought it's the headphones, but as soon as I restarted the phone, they worked perfectly fine. It's always been this annoying phone.

Speaking of the promise of Android One, well, the premise speaks for itself. HMD lied. And it'll keep lying. I wouldn't get my hopes up. In fact, I've given up the last droplet of hope when October arrived and Android 11 didn't.

So folks, it's the last post from my end in this discussion portal, which btw HMD doesn't care about. I'm moving to the Pixel, because I'm an Android (pure) fanboy. Nokia was a sinking ship, it'll always be sinking ship. :)

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

@Anshudip Karn I agree on everything. Of course, if you're really a stock Android fanboy, you can take the ridiculous Pixel. Otherwise, there are really way decent devices in the market. Pixel's camera only works in its own app (software magic) and produces some really bad results when you use the app's camera interface (Instagram, Telegram, WhatsApp or Video calls).

After using the stock Android for many years, I've learned that it is one of the worst and featureless implementations. It deserves no premium to be paid over a better-developed android interface. The current practice of charging higher because it is stock is completely bad placed and should be avoided.

Anyways, have a good time with your new smartphone, whichever one you decide to go ahead with. Farewell! ^_^

• emaz anwar emaz anwar
    ✭✭✭  / 

Last month, I also moved to Samsung Galaxy A32 and sold out my Nokia 7.2. Ive had enough with the screen retention issue and the camera bug. Literally the camera doesn't bother to open without a restart of the phone, be it any time. Screen retention started occurring after 4 months of purchase. Nokia had used cheap quality of materials in their smartphones.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited October 5

Sir, learn to read. I asked NOT to buy Google Pixel. I DID NOT ask him to stick to Nokia or HMD. I told him that there are many decent devices in the market and he can consider them instead of the Pixel.

I told him that stock Android is the worst and that's what Nokia is using too. In no way did I defend/protect Nokia or HMD here. It is just your bias that makes you think anti of everybody that does not agree to your POV.

And if somebody spreads hate against other users or spams unrelated content, it will be deleted. Doesn't matter if it is you or anybody else. I have NEVER claimed that there are no hardware or software defects. However, I will say that NOT EVERYBODY faces them and there are (and will always be) people who are happy with their purchase because the phone fits their use case. If you face problems, it does not mean that everybody else has to do so too.

And yes, Google Pixel is a bad phone. I am also speaking from my experience. Apply your logic there as well. Because Pixel is so decorated by American YouTube creators, it does not mean that it is the best or a great choice. Just go to Google Product forums and read. It is better to buy devices from companies that know how to make phones and are doing so for years. Pixel is as much a noob as hmd, they do not have the experience. Both just use outsourced ODMs to make their devices and that's where the biggest problem lies.

• emaz anwar emaz anwar
    ✭✭✭  / 

@singhnsk Well come on, u usually support HMD 🤣 why getting so annoyed when lior criticized u🤣

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Because he is accusing me of something that I am not. I only support them in certain areas with enough background and substance.

In general, there are certain discussions where I just try to go in-depth about why a certain issue might have happened - that's due to my interest in the functioning of businesses. It does not in any way mean that I am supporting them or defending them. If you browse the forums, there's more me pointing flaws in them than supporting them for anything.

• matthewkuhl matthewkuhl
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 9

Pixel (a series) or Xperia are your best options if you want clean Android and timely updates. They are the best of pure Android now that Motorola is a rotting carcass. They aren't the most economical, but i have not had any regrets with Google or Sony