8.3 issue - no bluetooth sound on certain apps

I have recently (in the last 2 weeks) started experiencing a bluetooth issue with my 8.3 where it will show that it is paired to a sound device (either bluetooth headphones or car bluetooth) and yet not output sound via that bluetooth device - it reverts to loudspeaker.

8.3 issue - no bluetooth sound on certain apps

infin0 infin0
✭✭  / 

I have recently (in the last 2 weeks) started experiencing a bluetooth issue with my 8.3 where it will show that it is paired to a sound device (either bluetooth headphones or car bluetooth) and yet not output sound via that bluetooth device - it reverts to loudspeaker. This only occurs in certain apps (Audible and Podcast Addict). Youtube works OK as does my in-car phone calling.

Because it happens on multiple bluetooth devices I have concluded it is the Phone. I have tried deleting the bluetooth devices and readding them both in the phone and on my car. That has not improved the issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Van Thieu Van Thieu
    ✭✭  / 

Some Bluetooth devices have and are using unsupported Codecs. When you're paired but your device don't have audio output then most likely that device defaulted to a codec that isn't standardized. I'd look over the specification between the devices and your phone to see if they have compatible Codecs with one another.

• eliot andirson eliot andirson
     /  edited October 2021

i also have the issue In the past two weeks, my 8.3 has been experiencing bluetooth problems, where it indicates that it is paired to a sound device (either wireless headphones or car bluetooth) but does not output sound - it reverts back to loudspeaker instead. Audible and Podcast Addict are the only apps that exhibit this behavior. I can watch YouTube and use my phone while driving as usual.I have concluded it must be the phone due to the fact that it happens on all Bluetooth devices. My phone and car both have Bluetooth devices that I have deleted and re-added. However, the issue still persists.

• infin0 infin0
    ✭✭  / 

I am still getting this problem. The phone worked flawlessly for a year and now it chops in between Bluetooth and loudspeaker constantly.

Please help HMD.

• infin0 infin0
    ✭✭  / 

I have already used these Bluetooth devices successfully for a long time. Both my Bose headset and my BMW worked fine with 8.3 prior to the last 2 weeks.

• i also have the issue In the past two weeks,(either wireless headphones or car bluetooth) but does not output sound - it reverts back to loudspeaker instead. Audible and Podcast Addict are the only apps that exhibit this behavior. I can watch YouTube and use my phone while driving as usual.I have concluded it must be the phone due to the fact that it happens on all Bluetooth devices. My phone and car both have Bluetooth devices that I have deleted and re-added. However, the issue still persists.

• In the past two weeks, I have also experienced this issue (either through wireless headphones or car bluetooth), but the sound never comes through - it defaults to the loudspeaker. Podcast Addict and Audible are the only apps that exhibit this issue. It happens to all Bluetooth devices, but I am able to watch YouTube and use my phone when driving as usual..............This leads me to believe the problem must be with the phone.In both my car and phone, I have re-added Bluetooth devices. The problem continues, however.

• i also have the issue In the past two weeks,(either wireless headphones or car bluetooth) but does not output sound - it reverts back to loudspeaker instead. Audible and Podcast Addict are the only apps that exhibit this behavior. I can watch YouTube and use my phone while driving as usual.I have concluded it must be the phone due to the fact that it happens on all Bluetooth devices. My phone and car both have Bluetooth devices that I have deleted and re-added. However, the issue still persists.