Can't update the XR20

Every time I go to update the phone I get a message that says "updates are temporarily unavailable.

Can't update the XR20

dom d dom d
✭✭  / 

Every time I go to update the phone I get a message that says "updates are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later "..."last successful update was on September 7th". I've been getting this message since I got the phone a few weeks ago. Stuck on the August Security patch and cannot check for updates. Anyone else seeing this and is there a fix for it? Thanks.

Comments

• dom d dom d
    ✭✭  / 

Tried everything that I could find online...the only thing that worked was a factory reset. After the reset I got the September security update. I just hope that I don't have to do this every month!

• Dr1 Dr1
    ✭✭  / 

same here. Though mine is stuck on July update .. and the update promisses made me buy this phone...

Please put more effort in pushing updates

• dom d dom d
    ✭✭  / 

OK I figured out what the issue was and it's not the phone or Google. It was the sim card. I need a new one. Once I took the Sim out and attempted to update it it worked. Popped the Sim back in and I got the updates are temporarily unavailable message. No Sim again and it checked for updates without issue...so if you get this message try removing the Sim, rebooting and checking for updates before you do a full on factory reset.

• dom d dom d
    ✭✭  /  edited October 13

Update again. Received the new SIM card from my carrier. Activated and put the new SIM card in and tried to update. Got the "updates are temporarily unavailable" message again. Popped the SIM tray out and it worked fine. So basically when the SIM tray is in I can't check for updates or update my XR20 if there is an update available. When I take the SIM tray out I can with no problem. So weird. Totally baffled by this one. Hopefully nokia can fix whatever the heck is causing this as I don't want to have to pop out the Sim tray every month to update my device.