Nokia 5.4 STOP! Refund everyone 5.4 user's money

I hate nokia now literally it's been just 2 months I'm fed up of your nokia 5.4 that is piece of junk totally neithe 5GHZ Wi-Fi supported, no basic AR Support, Ozo spatial can even detect if a person is speaking (Main reason I bought it for), Video stabilization (Also main reason I wanted to buy this device) not working at all and last but not the least Potrait mode beautifying feature can't beautify you at all instead it sharpens your picture as hell what should I do with this device?

Nokia 5.4 STOP! Refund everyone 5.4 user's money

Technical GD Technical GD
✭✭  / 

I hate nokia now literally it's been just 2 months I'm fed up of your nokia 5.4 that is piece of junk totally neithe 5GHZ Wi-Fi supported, no basic AR Support, Ozo spatial can even detect if a person is speaking (Main reason I bought it for), Video stabilization (Also main reason I wanted to buy this device) not working at all and last but not the least Potrait mode beautifying feature can't beautify you at all instead it sharpens your picture as **** what should I do with this device? Does it even worth 14,000 INR?

After that I contacted their nokia support chat they said there is no refund policy what should I do now? I am middle class I can't buy devices again and again!

If your device doesn't support features then don't mention them on your box! Neither on your Site!

Make this discussion best discussion of Nokia 5.4 Company has hear us! They have to refund our money!

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

File a plea in consumer forum if you are not just trolling here. Even you should know that nobody refunds a product just because you write in the forum.

And in the future, please read the device specifications and features before making your purchases.

• Matteo Vitali Matteo Vitali
    ✭✭  / 

Those features the guy above were talking about, were mentioned on the Nokia's website. The ar feature's certified by Google (check the certified devices list). Unfortunately I can confirm that those features disappeared/stopped working after updating to android 11, at least in my case. QR code scanner also doesn't work anymore. I agree to you, pretending a refund makes no sense, but stop defending them arbitrarily. I paid 200€ for my 5.4, really way to much for its quality.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi, I'm not defending hmd in any case. Not giving support for 5Ghz WiFi is a bad thing in today's time. The same goes for bad beauty functionality, because everybody else does it way better. If it is there, it should work properly. The AR support is also a must these days and it should work OOB. The Nokia 5.4 is a device that lacks a lot and their software updates don't make the devices better - which is against their own tagline of "It keeps getting better" or "Tomorrow's phone today". I agree.

However, I don't think hmd advertised any of the former things on their website. They never talked about 5Ghz WiFi, or AR, or beauty mode or video stabilization, even though i agree that they are essential and must exist. They don't even talk about features, because their barebones Android One has essentially nothing. I don't know why people even accept that as an OS on their devices. It should be rejected and consumers should tell hmd that they aren't interested in a device without the features by not buying them.

Is a QR code scanner built into the devices? The last time I used one of the Nokias, it didn't have anything like that, just a few Google apps, camera app and that's it.

The way OP projected this thread that xyz is not working, so, refund my money is where I thought it is more of a troll than anything serious.

• This phone is a buggy mess, based on my friends recommendation, I got this phone from MyG and TBH am fed up by these below problems.

Volte goes on and off from time to time.

Still stuck on June security patch and on Android 10 which is shocking as Android 11 is already released in India.

Auto rotate function is very sensitive.

Button hard reset is not possible as there's no recovery mode.

Videos taken has very low volume means what's the point of having OZO audio.

I am regretting of having bought this phone.

• Technical GD Technical GD
    ✭✭  / 

Dude I'm a middle class and I don't have that much time to do all these I want every 5.4 user support so that HMD Should realise this atleast fix some features they specifically mentioned that their device supports AR Technology and ozo spatial and even video stabilization

And now they stopped working then we only want our refunds if they can't provide features which they mentioned and it totally contradicts their tag line.

✭✭  / 

You're right all of the features got disabled after Android 11 update

✭✭  / 

I was happy with Android 10 update it was atleast performing smoothly but now it can't even record a game neither other apps properly it starts to lag even on it's internal screen recorder

• user1517844079427 user1517844079427
    ✭✭  /  edited October 21

So finally after checking, Nokia service center said that my unit has a manufacturing defect and so I got a DOA from them and got a replacement with a different model, Nokia G20.

I know when it comes to performance Nokia 5.4 is miles ahead of Nokia G20 but TBH, didn't have that courage to go again for Nokia 5.4. Seriously I think Nokia 5.4 has issues.

So far am happy with Nokia G20. Atleast it has a better battery life.

✭✭  / 

Hi, I don't know which country you live in, maybe there are not mentioned features in your country Nokia's website, but at least in my country's one, there's clearly mentioned about video stabilization, ozo spatial audio and gyroscope (a feature that stopped working after updating to a11, in my case). You're right about the 5ghz wi-fi. The ar services are certified by Google and as far as I know no other brands mention about it, if you wanna find out if an android phone got certified, you just have to check their list, on Google support. Speaking about qr scanner, well, it's a standard feature of android stock version, since android 9. Basically, you just need to try taking a picture of a QR code, using the native camera app and it used to work, not quickly, but at least it worked. Now, I can't even connect my phone to a WiFi by reading the QR code. Speaking about the "pure"software, well, that was the only one thing that convinced me to keep buying Nokia devices, I don't like custom UI, like chinese stuff, but this is just my opinion. Anyways, it doesn't matter anymore, since this pure software got optimized very very bad. I just realized that you wrote in lot of Nokia models sections, can I know which Nokia devices you have? I have a 5.4, a 3.1 and had a 5.3 (I returned it back to buy my 5.4).

✭✭  / 

What kind of manufacturing defect? Which unit? Sorry for asking, I just try understanding if that "unit" could include mine too. Did they let u choose the replacement of your phone?

✭✭  / 

Actually it's the fault of Android 11 update after that update every feature which was available in this phone like spatial audio stopped working, video stabilization too and not to mention camera quality is now good as dead and not forget screen freeze after every 15-20 minutes actually I asked their customer care service unfortunately nokia doesn't have phone replacment or refund policy for any unit and my device is nokia 5.4 I just want my refund or if they can make these features work again any of the option works for me but they're doing nothing but still it's been more than a month none of the fixes were provided by nokia

✭✭  / 

Wait, the user above said he got a replacement, I'm confused 😅

✭✭  / 

But here in India I asked them and whole chat is below in screenshots

✭✭  / 

Oh I see, I can confirm the 5 GHz WiFi stuff, there's also written between specifications on their website in my country, but no way, no way about the ar services, my phone installed them automatically from play store, and they still work. A phone doesn't need to have the compass for getting certified about at services, Nokia 5.4 has been certified because it has the gyroscope. The problem is the gyroscope stopped working after updating to android 11, even if ar services on Pokemon go still work... I'm very disappointed about the Nokia chat support's operator didn't even know that the 5.4 supports ar services, maybe he mistook it with 5.3, that has no gyroscope and in fact doesn't support ar services...

✭✭  / 

Here the list about hmd global ar certified phones:

And here the link to read the whole list: https://developers.google.com/ar/devices

✭✭  / 

I know it is certified but all of these features are now not working at all even the AR after Android 11 update.

✭✭  / 

Yes I can confirm that, in my case, they randomly work. Some apps now don't recognize the gyroscope.

• Complain on Online legal India website. I also filing case against him.

✭✭  / 

Do I have to go to court or something? Because I can't I'm under 18 dude my parents won't allow me to do that 🥲 if I had to submit evidence I can only do that much

• cwhitaker85 cwhitaker85
    ✭✭  / 

It has been 3 MONTHS since I bought my Nokia 5.4 from QLink Wireless online $220 USD. I received it and activated it and make 2 quick test calls with it and busy and my Father died. I didn’t touch the phone for almost 6 weeks and I turned it in to check out it “features” and I am locked out by the Lock Screen as I cannot recall the PIN.

There is NO RECOVERY MODE.

Bothh QLink and Nokia recommend I take to my local repair shop.

I did. They couldn’t figure it out either.

and THAT, my friend, is the only feature I k ow about in THREE MONTHS.

• You don't have to go court and do anything simply visit Online legal India website file your complain then pay 1100 rupees for your case after that a lawyer is asssigned to your case then they talk to company on your behalf you don't have to pay anything to laywer after your settlement with Nokia (HMD GLOBAL) done then your case money is refunded .It's that simple. Don't worry I also 19 yrs.