WiFi issues

Bought a Nokia 6.1 plus and it has been facing WiFi issues since it's first boot.

WiFi issues

Rahul Rahul
 /  edited November 2018

Bought a Nokia 6.1 plus and it has been facing WiFi issues since it's first boot. Facing trouble configuring Google account, checking for system updates through the WiFi. YouTube, Gmail, Instagram and Twitter do not connect to the internet through the WiFi else works fine on data connection and mobile hotspot.

Is this a bug in Software that may be fixed via an update or I have a faulty device?

Comments

• There are some issues with WiFi some times i.e it disconnects with the WiFi network and it doesn't appear in available networks. It needs a reboot to make it again visible in the available networks and connect to prefered WiFi network. Whenever this thing happens a reboot is required to get back to original position.
  • Same issue here, even mobile network is unstable changing to 4g to 3g and 2g so randomly unable to get any data
  • I'm also having same issue. The device is showing less available WiFi networks than any other mobiles. And keeps disconnecting. In order to connect again it needs restarting. If you contact Nokia help, they will simply ask you to reset mobile wifi network, and manually add it again. But it doesn't work for anyone. Nokia is not seeming concerned about this.
  • boblu boblu
    ✭✭  / 
    Rahul said:

Bought a Nokia 6.1 plus and it has been facing WiFi issues since it's first boot. Facing trouble configuring Google account, checking for system updates through the WiFi. YouTube, Gmail, Instagram and Twitter do not connect to the internet through the WiFi else works fine on data connection and mobile hotspot.

Is this a bug in Software that may be fixed via an update or I have a faulty device?

Please try this step..Hope it will help you...
    1. Try hard reset (lost everything data image photos, etc) 
    Or 

2. Go to status bar ...Then press and hold mobile data ....New windows open
    Go to down side...
    Look network restrictions. Please disable if enable...Both wifi and mobile data.

Or 

3. If you are have a 5ghz router configure.... Configure to 2.4 GHz.

And try.......
    If your wifi provide poor wifi signal please change wifi router channel.

Thanks 

😊
  • boblu boblu
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm also having same issue. The device is showing less available WiFi networks than any other mobiles. And keeps disconnecting. In order to connect again it needs restarting. If you contact Nokia help, they will simply ask you to reset mobile wifi network, and manually add it again. But it doesn't work for anyone. Nokia is not seeming concerned about this.

Hey dear please change your wifi router channel ..Hope it will work
    If not please comment.
    Thanks😊