Phone ruggedness discussion

Does anyone has a Nokia XR20 and dropped it once or more? What do you think about display scratches? What do you think about build quality?

Phone ruggedness discussion

Does anyone has a Nokia XR20 and dropped it once or more? What do you think about display scratches? What do you think about build quality? I'm asking because I dropped my phone from no more than a meter high and my chassis is bent and also the back is unglued. Does anyone had a similar problem? I contacted Nokia for this is issue and they told me the warranty doesn't cover it but at the marketing material I find the opposite.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi Hristo, this is the first time I'm hearing of the same. And as such it does sound like a thing of concern.

Do you have some photos that you can post of the device in its current state? Maybe that will give the co-users a better idea :)

As for the warranty, it is obviously not valid for anything beyond manufacturing defects. As such, a broken phone is not under warranty. However if you have purchased an insurance plan, then you can make use of it :)

• ritzar ritzar
    ✭✭✭  / 

It is really strange that the phone can bent by falling. Especially from 1 meter altitude, wearing his own weight...

• N808 N808
    ✭✭✭  / 

From Nokia's website for the XR20:

Features:MIL-STD-810H, IP68, Up to 1.8m drop protection, Up to 1.5m water protection for 1 hour, 

So if the phone broke apart having been dropped from a height of 1 metre I would say that a warranty claim would be valid.