Sony Playstation

Android 11 on Nokia 6.2

Comments

• Vasilis Kos. Vasilis Kos.
    ✭✭✭  / 

Sony Playstation

• Ramses Ramses
    ✭✭  / 

it would be nice if Nokia HMD would also inform their customers. But there are always big announcements and when it goes wrong listen. nothing more from them. Very bad service. The monthly updates have not been coming for 4 months either

• yamahammer yamahammer
    ✭✭  / 

You do realize that if you asked people what version of Android their phone is running, 9 out of 10 people stare at you blankly. I don't just mean Nokia phones but ALL Android phones.

• G V G V
    ✭✭  / 

I changed to Samsung S21 after my sirocco debacle. OMG what a difference and so much better my S21.

• melvin asogu melvin asogu
    ✭✭  / 

Hello, please I'd like to know when the rest of the world will get the Android 11 update, it's been so long. I haven't receive any update since October of 2021

• Rob Bufford Rob Bufford
    ✭✭  / 

So ? What about Android 11 in Europe ? I hope it will fix this camera issue. Enough is enough !

• kjsl kjsl
    ✭✭  / 

Is Nokia 6.2 receiving updates??? I've had this phone for 2 years and not ONCE have I had a system update. Sure, had a few security patches, but no system update. I know someone who has an X10 and just this morning received the A12 update, and I'm STILL on A10!!! This is bullshit. I think the next phone I get is not going to be a Nokia, bad experience.

• gavin duggan gavin duggan
    ✭✭  / 

Android 11 just appeared for download here in UK. So we shall see how 11 goes!!

• Rhonlith Rhonlith
    ✭✭  / 

I got the same here in Australia now as well, haven't updated yet.

✭✭  / 

All seems ok post upgrade to 11. Though it has removed all my shortcuts/widgets (not the spps themselves). Maybe that is normal. Also turned bluetooth on?? Camera seems to work ok and it is happily charging so no glitches here as yet

• Rhonlith Rhonlith
    ✭✭  / 

I've updated now aswell.

Had to restart a second time before the camera worked.

So far I haven't had any issues charging.

• mureh mureh
    ✭✭  / 

Got the new update Android 11 on my 6.2 today. Checking if it's running smoothly will let you know

✭✭  / 

If anyone else is wondering how you go back and forward a page on Chrome you swipe left or right from the sides of the page. I'm too old for Android 11 obviously 😁😁😁

• teapot418 teapot418
    ✭✭  / 

I just received the system notification that there is an Android 11 patch - FINALLY!

Software update - Android 11 (V3.490) - 2.48 MB

• Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google Security Patch 2021-12

I will wait for feedback on here until I install this one.

• Rhonlith Rhonlith
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah I turned 3 button navigation back on again, I like it better then the swipe gestures.

Settings -> System -> Gestures -> System Navigation

• SmartDudePhone SmartDudePhone
    ✭✭  / 

does anyone else have problems with the animations when minimizing apps? When I minimize the apps (i.e. when I swipe up from the bottom, it stutters. And if I want to call up the app overview (swipe up from the bottom and hold it) and move between the apps there, it also stutters. If I want to switch directly between the apps, i.e. swipe left and right at the bottom of the gesture strip, it jerks and stalls a lot. Otherwise the update is really good, loads without problems, but the animations **** really abnormally. I have the phone NOT factory reset and for info, I use two SIM cards.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

• MLQ MLQ
    ✭✭  / 

Just received A11 this morning. Update went through smoothly. Didn't see any issues yet 😀

✭✭  / 

Now is wiped my phone... and it runs bad.... why? This is simple phone, with a simple android, and why it runs so bad?

• mureh mureh
    ✭✭  / 

It's working perfectly on my device it's more stable and fast.

✭✭  / 

I cant belive this... have you try to switch between the apps?

✭✭  / 
  • SSN3 SSN3
    ✭✭  / 

Just now has updated to Android 11. Going well up to now, will inform anything happen later. I had earlier mentioned charging issue even with Android 10.

• hamiiiiiiiid hamiiiiiiiid
    ✭✭  / 

I have a question from Nokia 6.2 owners:

Has your selfie camera been deactivated after updating to Android 11?

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭✭  / 

No. I did a quick test run with default cam application and my front cam seems to be normally available and working after the recent update as well. Many 7.2 users however have reported that their selfie cam has totally vanished after the update.

My phone was originally updated to buggy A11 in November 2021. And after that I haven't been actively using that piece of crap any more. So, for me it's hard to say if the current release is stable or not. Actually, I don't care any more. Thank you HMD Global/Nokia guys. You have messed up the entire brand.

• MLQ MLQ
    ✭✭  /  edited February 3
  • Gilly10 Gilly10
    ✭✭  / 

After the December Security Update (that I actually got within the last week), I've been having WiFi disconnection issues, anyone else having the same? I've read some Nokia 7.2 user's are experiencing the same issue. Nokia just can't get this Android 11 update right can they, really poor!

• MRiss MRiss
    ✭✭  / 

Got Android 11 now also here in Spain.

Everything is working fine except the problems reported by SmartDudePhone, moving apps from full screen to windowed view with a swipe-up is quite choppy and may need some performance tuning, but it's bearable.

I would like to point out that I appreciate the security updates which came out for Android 10 while the Android 11 upgrade was delayed. I came to Nokia for the monthly security updates and while a full Android upgrade is nice - it does not add that many functions I absolutely need. Security updates I need, so thank you for keeping them up (sort of regularly) even in the tough time of the delayed Android 11 upgrade. Thank you!