Nokia 7.2 front facing selfie camera bit working.

Had anybody else got this problem? Nokia blame it on the camera App developer. Which happens to be, well. HMDGlobal (Nokia phone maker).

Nokia 7.2 front facing selfie camera bit working.

JDVS JDVS
✭✭  / 

Had anybody else got this problem? Nokia blame it on the camera App developer. Which happens to be, well. HMDGlobal (Nokia phone maker).

The phone isn't allowing access to the camera for 3rd party apps also Open Camera or WhatsApp for video calls etc. When selecting wide angle on photo camera the zoom goes to maximum not wide angle lens.

Comments

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭✭  / 

Every person using Nokia 6.2/7.2 and running a certain version of Camera (HMD Global) app + Android 11 are facing problems.

• The Hepis The Hepis
    ✭✭  / 

WhatsApp video calls work for me atleast with front camera, didn't try rear camera though.

Saving recorded video does not work.

I have latest Camera from the Play Store updated when still on A10.

• I have this problem too and I have tried a factory reset but that only served to confirm that the front camera was not working because the **** reocgnition step of installation didn't work.

The only thing I have noticed so far is that one app I had on A10 called SmoothTrack did not upgrade to A11. I contacted the developer who didn't understand why the upgrade failed because his app should be compatible with any device that is certified for AR Core Services - and that includes the Nokia 7.2: https://developers.google.com/ar/devices

• What is the "certain" version? - On my Nokia 7.2., my camera version is 96.9.0600.01

• Just spoke with chat support and they gave me the following steps:

• Please try the following:
    • - Open Settings> Apps and notifications> Show all apps> Camera> Storage> Clear cache
    • - Open the camera app> Options (3 lines in the top left corner)> Reset settings
    • - Again open Settings> Apps and notifications> Show all apps> Google Play services> Storage> Clear cache
    • - Please do a soft reset. Press the Volume Up button and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android logo. The mobile phone should not be charged during this time. No data is lost in the process.
    • - If you still have the same problem, please uninstall the camera app update: Settings> Apps and notifications> Show all apps> Camera> Options (3 dots top right)> Uninstall update

The problem is that I cannot do the last step because I don't have the 3 dots that they are talking about

Also, someone else suggested re-installing from the play store but I cannot find a way to do that.

• JDVS JDVS
    ✭✭  / 

My front facing camera selfie camera doesn't work and isn't an option after upgrade to Android 11.

I have done all of the above and nothing changes. Still the same problem.

I have emails HMD Global and had no reply.

• PhoneGuy PhoneGuy
    ✭✭  / 

I have the same problem. The chat service was not able to help me. Luckily I have warranty existing, I will return the phone if HDM does repair this bug.

• GK-Ingram GK-Ingram
    ✭✭  / 

I found that doing a complete reboot has brought back the selfie camera (though the wide is still broken). I wiped the phone to sell it on to a friend & when I set it up from scratch for her & after the system updates downloaded, the selfie camera was back. (Given the lack of response / help from Nokia about this issue, I have jumped ship & can (so far) recommend the Fair Phone 4.