Fastboot doesn't recognize device but ADB does

So I unlocked my bootloader successfully using techmesto's free boot loader unlock tool and i wanted to flash a twrp recovery.

Fastboot doesn't recognize device but ADB does

GlareIn GlareIn
✭✭  / 

So I unlocked my bootloader successfully using techmesto's free boot loader unlock tool and i wanted to flash a twrp recovery.

But when I boot into fastboot using "adb reboot bootloader" command and then try the "fastboot devices" command i get no output.

But when I try "adb devices" in normal boot I get an output of my device's serial number.

I also found out that some how techmesto's tool and Nokia flash Tool by sayaoks is able to recognize my device when in bootloader mode.

I already tried various drivers from hmd gobal, google and universal adb drivers still no change.

so can anyone help me out of this situation as it's frustrating that I can't still do anything even after unlocking my bootloader after waiting all this time.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

It is not a driver issue. It is just that you are using very old platform tools, most likely the very very old Minimal ADB and Fastboot from XDA.

You should rather use these.

Note: Use the bundled "Open CMD here" option to open the CMD window or manually open CMD in the same folder. If you open it in any other folder then the system-wide install of old ADB will be picked and hence device won't be identified.

• GlareIn GlareIn
    ✭✭  / 

But when I boot into fastboot using "adb reboot bootloader" command and then try the "fastboot devices" command i get no output.

But when I try "adb devices" in normal boot I get an output of my device's serial number.

I also found out that some how techmesto's tool is able to recognize my device when in bootloader mode.

I already tried various drivers from hmd gobal, google and universal adb drivers still no change.

so can anyone help me out of this situation as it's frustrating that I can't still do anything even after unlocking my bootloader after waiting all this time.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I gave you the solution in my reply above. Did you follow that?