UK TA-1055 Updates

Has anyone in the UK had any updates recently? My phone is unlocked and using a GiffGaff SIM.

UK TA-1055 Updates

Has anyone in the UK had any updates recently? My phone is unlocked and using a GiffGaff SIM. I'm still on the July Security Patch, and now it seems people are receiving another patch on top of the August one. I had to manually force the July update after buying the phone. It's really poor from Nokia, especially as it's supposed to be an Android One phone.... Not impressed.

Comments

• Richard Richard
     / 
    I'm on Vodafone, nothing since July. How did you force the update?

I'm really annoyed, we were promised monthly updates. That's the reason why I bought the phone.
  • When I bought the phone in June, I think it was on the February update, and it was on here how to force the July update, which I can't remember, but it was quite simple. I haven't had the August update, I'm hoping we get Pie in a few weeks and the latest security update will be included. It's annoying that we seem to be left behind here in the UK.
  • user1527872321810 user1527872321810
     /  edited September 11
    I also have the unlocked version, but I have never needed to force an update. I am still on the July update too. By the looks of things for us, I think the august update will be skipped, and I think pie and September patch will be the next update. 

We're not necessarily left behind, we got the july update earlier than others 
  • c128 c128
     /  edited September 16

I was in exactly the same situation as the OP: TA-1055, UK, SIM free, GiffGaff, stuck on July security update.

In the end I just installed the August security update from here - all good, and received an additional OTA update a day or so after.

• Bluejay Bluejay
     / 
    When you say installed from here .
    Where is here could you please be more specific thanks
  • c128 c128
     /  edited October 1

...it's a link.

• Same position here, o I'm hoping August just skipped in anticipation of Pie...
  • Bluejay Bluejay
     / 
    Thanks got it