Camera issues

Hello, Does anyone have this problem where when you go from photo mode to video mode (slow motiom or time lapse) the camera goes black?

Camera issues

user1536406040608 user1536406040608
 /  edited September 24
Hello,
Does anyone have this problem where when you go from photo mode to video mode (slow motiom or time lapse) the camera goes black?
When i enter the gallery and exit it the cam fixes itself.
Also regarding the pro update i updated my camera the whole interface changed then i noticed that the interface went back to normal like the update didnt happen..
Any help?

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

I don't but then again it depends on what camera you are running, Nokia issued 2 updates yesterday one wrong one and one right one.

• How do i know im running vers 8. Something which is the update before thqt i had ver 9. Something is there a way to fix it? Cause i also have a problem with mirror image ...
  • alberto alberto
     / 
    IDK about mirror because that feature was available only with version 90 of the camera (which had lots of faults) that I'm not using. But about the black recording, it happen to me too
  • Terminusaquo Terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 24

I had no issues with version 90. HMD are the only manufacturer I know of that releases an update to the camera app, has issues on a few devices so they then pull and downgrade the camera app rather than release a fix for the one they initially released.

• So what should i do? Wait for a fix or download the app if i find it somewhere else? Format my phone and try redownloading everything hoping it gets fixed?
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 24

@MrBelter There was no "wrong" update as it actually updated the camera app that was installed, if it was the wrong one then it either wouldn't have worked or would have refused to install but they pulled and downgraded the camera app for some reason.

✭✭✭  / 

@user1536406040608 Check for updates in the Play Store as there should be an "update" that downgrades the camera to the previous version.

• Do you also have this issue?
  • user1536406040608 user1536406040608
     /  edited September 18
    Do you have any idea how i can fix this?
    ✭✭✭  / 

I didn't have the same issue as you but there should be another update on the Play Store that downgrades the camera to the previous version.

• This is exactly my issue, the app downgraded itself and i cant reupdate it to the 9.0... version with all the features
    ✭✭✭  / 

Ah, there's no way around it unfortunately.

• Well this sucks, im considering formatting my phone maybe itll help
    ✭✭✭  / 

That's probably the best thing to try, could be that when the camera was downgraded something got left behind and it's causing issues.

• LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  / 

HMD pulled version 90 for Nokia 8 because it wasn't meant for Nokia 8, yes it had more features but it had lots of issues hence the downgrade later on.

Formatting the phone won't get you version 90, you'll need to find an APK if you really want it.

• LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  / 

To fix your current issue try this before a full format : 

long-press the camera icon

Press "i" (app info)

Disable the app, it will remove any updates and replace it by factory version.

Enable the app again.

Let it update through play store.

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

@MrBelter There was no "wrong" update as it actually updated the camera
    app that was installed, if it was the wrong one then it either wouldn't
    have worked or would have refused to install but they pulled and
    downgraded the camera app for some reason.

I had the "pro" camera installed and a 247MB Play update updated it to the camera app which includes those stupid AR Emojis. Only after uninstalling the update 90 minutes later that so i was back at the "pro" app did it update again with a 61.23MB update which actually updated the app i had installed to start with.

• Alright so i formatted my phone it did nothing to fix the issue and yes regarding the downgrade after 90 mins this is exactly what happened to me and i got the update for 61 mbs or so aswell, anyway i guess im not the only one and i hope this issue gets fixed, for now we can only hope
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @LennartB If it wasn't for the Nokia 8 then why does APK mirror have a version 91 update that has "Fixes for the Nokia 8" in the changelog?