Prototype Nokia 9 PureView for sale on Ebay

Hi all, I came across that grey/silver prototype of the Nokia 9 PureView which was in some Estonian (I think) review video.

Prototype Nokia 9 PureView for sale on Ebay

madbilly madbilly
Super User  / 

Hi all,

I came across that grey/silver prototype of the Nokia 9 PureView which was in some Estonian (I think) review video. The import VAT for me would make this too expensive, but for someone in the EU it could be a fun purchase?

Cheers 🙂

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Happy New Year will.. Whoa, I did not know that they did a full retail product in that color and then decided to not sell it. It doesn't look like a prototype though, because it has all the right logos and labels, including the IMEI sticker.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @singhnsk,

Happy new year to you too 😃

I had not checked closely, I had assumed it was a prototype because we never saw it launched in that colour. Looks it has copper accents too, could be quite nice!

Very tempting but like I said, the import tax would make it even more expensive than it already is, for a second hand phone, no warranty, etc.

Anyway, how are you? Hope you're well!

Cheers 🙂

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Been taken down because apparently there was an error...! I did notice that the description field said it was a 5.4! 😆

Cheers 🙂

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hello @madbilly sir, thank you. I am all great here, witnessing the start of another lockdown and next month are the elections in my state, so, it's quite a timing. How's it there in your region? :)

I shared this Nokia 9 with Nokia Anew and they said this special color was given to Employees (maybe for prototype testing or just something special?). I don't quite know the mystery behind them, but generally protos are not fully finished goods. So, maybe really just super limited edition stuff for the employees. He did not re-list it though, probably somebody asked to to take down the listing?

Given the problems with the Nokia 9, I would not quite wanna have it. It looks nice, but you know the problems around it. Good for a collector's box 😂

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hey @singhnsk,

Things are okay here thanks, the omicron numbers seem to be coming down now so there's a feeling that we're past the peak, which is great! No elections though, thankfully! Another lockdown for you though, gutting! 😢.

Good info from Nokia Anew, thanks for sharing 👍

Cheers 🙂