No internal speaker after Bluetooth connected

After disconnecting Bluetooth speakers the internal phone speaker of Nokia g50 won't work until toggling Bluetooth off and on.

No internal speaker after Bluetooth connected

RichAC RichAC
✭✭  / 

After disconnecting Bluetooth speakers the internal phone speaker of Nokia g50 won't work until toggling Bluetooth off and on. Youtbe Videos will even lag and freeze. Setting say the sound is playing on the internal speaker but when using the volume control you can still see the Bluetooth icon displayed on the volume bar. Even when in safe mode. Tried with multiple Bluetooth buds. Latest Android 12 December update. Thinking of returning the phone. First I felt charging port was too loose so I bought a magnetic plug. now this problem. It's brand new. Nokia doesn't even update monthly as promised. Are they even worth it? Any ideas about my Bluetooth issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• RichAC RichAC
    ✭✭  / 

I contacted customer support again. The first guy I contacted was rude and kept asking for a screen shot which is why I posted here. . But the other support agents have been helpful. I have tried resetting network connections. I have tried clearing all bluetooth and carrier service cache, updated all apps. I've tried with wifi off. I've even tried to disable absolute volume and a2dp settings in developer options. nothing worked.

Customer service suspect it is a bug from the android 12 or december update. ugh.

The audio will work as soon as I disconnect the bluetooth from the current app. But once I close the app and re-open it the problem occurs. And the internal speaker will not work with any app and media like videos become laggy. I still get text and call sounds but nothing in any of the default or 3rd party media apps, like chrome, youtube, amazon music etc...

Customer service told me to keep toggling bluetooth on and off for now. I don't feel confident in the phone at this point.

• RichAC RichAC
    ✭✭  / 

Now I find out the wifi calling isn't an option like it was on my nokia 5.3. Supposedly i have to call my carrier. Customer support was rude once again. i can't believe this. You get what you pay for nowadays.

• cllatser cllatser
    ✭✭  / 

Hello, since I updated to Android 12, I have exactly the same problem as you. :(

• cllatser cllatser
    ✭✭  / 

Good morning, I just installed an update and it seems to fix the problem with bluetooth and reboots. I will confirm in a few days of use.😀