Need to know when is Nokia going to upgrade to latest Android

Android 9 update

user1532278109817 user1532278109817
 /  edited September 2018
Need to know when is Nokia going to upgrade to latest Android

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 2018

No one knows, it hasn't even entered beta yet so its going to be months not days or weeks.

• Thank you very much
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

If it entered beta tomorrow you could be looking at 6 weeks i guess but it all seems very quiet doesn't it :-(

• Hope for the best and as fast as possible. :)
  • Dheeraj Dheeraj
    We didn't get beta version of oreo when it was released. Might be the same case with pie. I think they'll release the stable version directly.
  • mrbelter mrbelter

Both 8.0 and 8.1 were available as a beta before the stable versions were launched.

• appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Official @Nokiamobile Twitter account says
    Hi, the Android Pie is currently available for the Nokia 3, 5, 6 and 8, roll-out will be phased as usual to secure quality delivery. U can check out the tweet on Nokia mobile Twitter account
  • Dheeraj Dheeraj
    I didn't find any such tweet.
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have tweet link & screenshot of that tweet, but community moderation process can't giving permission to paste here social media links
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    @Appu Mali That's not correct, have a look at the replies to that tweet.
  • mrbelter mrbelter

Nokia Mobile
    ‏Verified account @Nokiamobile
    Aug 7

Hi, the Android Pie is currently available for the Nokia 3, 5, 6 and 8, roll-out will be phased as usual to secure quality delivery.
    26 replies 9 retweets 82 likes

Juho Sarvikas
    ‏Verified account @sarvikas
    Replying to @Nokiamobile

OK so I don't think this is the case . Currently Nokia 7 Plus is the beta with Pie and we will have more news shortly on 7 Plus and other products

They clearly meant Oreo, not Pie.

• appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have just copied and pasted that official Nokia mobiles tweet here, I don't know that's correct/wrong
  • mrbelter mrbelter

Read the answer from Juho Sarvikas, he is chief product officer at HMD, I'd say he knows what he is talking about.

• appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    He saying, will have more news shortly on 7 Plus and other products, what's that's meaning
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @MrBelter how you think that's Oreo, their they are mentioned only "pie" in both tweets
  • mrbelter mrbelter

Because the chief product officer of HMD is saying Pie (as a beta) is only available for Nokia 7 Plus and given not a single Nokia user has reported a handset getting a stable version of Pie I'd say he knows what he is talking about.

They might not have meant Oreo but given Pie is not available for Nokia 3,5,6 and 8 what do you think they meant?

• appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Don't missmatch words, he said "currently" available for Nokia 7plus, he not said "only" available for Nokia 7plus, and he also said that, more news shortly on other products, meant pie is shortly available for other products like nokia 3, 5,6, & 8
  • mrbelter mrbelter

What on earth are you talking about fella? Your argument shifts direction with every post you make, one minute you are saying it is available and then you are saying oh no he means it is coming.

Everyone knows Pie is coming but that was not the question posed was it.

• appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Fello, read neatly what I have written their firstly then comment here, am saying am only copied & pasted Nokia mobiles tweet here, am not said anything in my own words, that's said only by Nokia mobile
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia mobile said, currently available but phased rollout & juvo sarvikas said, more news shortly on other products,