Android 12 on nokia 5.3

When is android coming to Nokia 5.3 and hopefully stops this stuoid freezing all the time..

Android 12 on nokia 5.3

Jide Thomas Jide Thomas
✭✭  / 

When is android coming to Nokia 5.3 and hopefully stops this stuoid freezing all the time..

Answers

• yarg yarg
    ✭✭  / 

Probably when android 14 (not a typo) release's. I just now got Jan security update. sheesh, this is in March. That's if they decide to release it at all. They already reneged an android update on one of their premium phones.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/1/22811988/hmd-global-nokia-9-pureview-android-11-software

• Visensio Visensio
    ✭✭  / 

It's so sad 😔. I'm not happy with Nokia anymore.

• Sergiu Sebastian Sergiu Sebastian
    ✭✭  /  edited March 30

Romania, EU

• Jide Thomas Jide Thomas
    ✭✭  / 
  • soustruh soustruh
    ✭✭  / 

I definitely won't be that happy, I am an early adopter and I like getting new Android versions. 🙂 A11 in my 5.3 works flawlessly…

• Sergiu Sebastian Sergiu Sebastian
    ✭✭  / 

You can never be an early adopter while you have a Nokia. A11 is already almost 2 years old and they can't even bring that to all phones. A13 is about to be released soon and Nokia will have it by 2025.

• soustruh soustruh
    ✭✭  / 

Heh, I get what you mean… But my experience has not been that bad so far, I am OK with getting new Android 6 months after its release, I just wanted a phone with "guaranteed" (yeah, LOL) Android upgrades that won't cost a fortune as I got 3 little kids at home and my phones are in a permanent risk of being smashed to pieces. 😁 Too bad there are no other budget options with clean Android, but somehow I like stock Android much more than any custom UI I've seen. Anyway, Nokia quite kept on their promises with both my Nokia 5 and 5.3, although they skip security updates sometimes. 🤔

• Dext Dext
    ✭✭  / 

I had the same situation. I sent a call for service because of frequent freezes and horizontal lines on the screen. The phone came back with a description that it was free from defects, but the version of the system had changed. They uploaded Android 11 to me.

• henryii2001 henryii2001
    ✭✭  / 

Hello... For me too... M'y Nokia 5.3 has horizontal mines After upgrading to Android 11. After réparation he Comes black on Android 10!!!

From décember 2021 to now no more security update ans Always Android 10 !!!

I ask thé replacement if thé phone because under warranty...

No positive answer.

I thinks that AMD ans Nokia are Bad and i Say it to everybody while they dont replace thé phone vu a New.

• Edgar.A. Edgar.A.
    ✭✭  / 

also an unfortunate owner of Nokia 5.3, now I understand that I made a big mistake when buying, but in one I am happy this is the last smartphone from Nokia, the point is to discuss something, you are not tired of discussing a company that has been lying to you for several years, 4 years for sure, they they lied and deceived all the deadlines with the update, they violated the same thing as believing a person who constantly lies to you. Is this not enough for you to no longer trust this company.

• Wargod290 Wargod290
    ✭✭  / 

It was way late for Android 11 update. But it was for all the devices from nokia. This time when devices like nokia 2.4 are getting stable Android 12 update, nokia 5.3 does not even get monthly security patches . Is nokia slowly abandoning 5.3 ?? Because promised updates are having unexpectedly long delays and no news of Android 12 on 5.3 can be found. Even 5.4 which was released later was seen on geek Bench running Android 12. Pls HMD maintain your updates, and talking of update schedule, this year no road map was given as far as I know. And with the buggy mess that Android 11 came with its not acceptable for at least for me to wait another extra 5-6 months to get nest Android update.

• Apagu Thlama Apagu Thlama
    ✭✭  / 

Contact support via chat. I think they can send it to your phone manually but you're gonna hate android 11. You've been warned.

• user1514911174578 user1514911174578
    ✭✭  / 

I am very happy with 5.3 and Android 11 .. no problems at all. Everything is working fine

• Micheal Themy Micheal Themy
    ✭✭  / 

When will Nokia be releasing the android 12 update for Nokia 5.3.

• Micheal Themy Micheal Themy
    ✭✭  / 

We've been on this android 11 for way too long