Time to move on - a 2,5 year summary of my Nokia 7.2 journey

I bought the phone via preorder, the 6/128 version. jumping from Nokia 5 it was a great upgrade.

Time to move on - a 2,5 year summary of my Nokia 7.2 journey

user1515000494648 user1515000494648
✭✭✭  / 

I bought the phone via preorder, the 6/128 version. jumping from Nokia 5 it was a great upgrade. It was overpriced for the specs at the time, but I was willing to pay that for clean android experience. Zeiss logo was a cool bonus. But just that I suppose.

The phone was running great - very quick compared to my previous one. At that point I was sure my every next phone would be a Nokia.

Then the updates came. Or sometimes they didn't. Nokia prioritized cheaper phones over mine in android 10 rollout, which was disappointing. Then one of security patches broke GPS, which took good few months to be fixed. Not a fun thing of you rely on it daily, after you move to a new city.

Then one day my phone turned off randomly on a weekday and my alarm didn't go off. One of the patches broke the camera app too. I no longer have access to wide lens nor am I able to zoom in. Then there was android 11 rollout. And again, I felt like I got screwed. Delays, then more delays, then no security patches for 3 months in a row. Support that is completely clueless about the situation.

Hell, even the dedicated Nokia app to connect to this forum is garbage tier, taking ages to log in with this phone. Good God.

And then there are issues with screen responsiveness from time to time. Just yesterday, someone was calling me and I couldn't swipe to pick up the call. Had to wait until it stops calling and the touch screen to magically start working immediately again and call the person back 3 seconds later.

I'm moving on. Just bought another clean android phone from a different brand. I wonder whether I'll be able to salvage even 20% I paid for this joke of a phone that doesn't work. All in all, quite fun, if you're a masochist.

Take care guys.

Comments