Microphone not working

After updating to Android 11, occasionally, out of nowhere, the device microphone stops working. For anything function, like calls, recording etc.

Microphone not working

Vasilis Kos. Vasilis Kos.
✭✭✭  / 

After updating to Android 11, occasionally, out of nowhere, the device microphone stops working. For anything function, like calls, recording etc. Restarting the phone fixes it. So, it's obviously a bug.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• D. T. Kamakiotis D. T. Kamakiotis
    ✭✭  /  edited March 28

Το περίεργο θα ήταν να δούλευε....Δεν υπάρχουν οι τύποι. Το έχουν παρατήσει τελείως το σπορ. Το τηλέφωνό μου μέρα με την μέρα βγάζει και κάτι καινούργιο.

• Vasilis Kos. Vasilis Kos.
    ✭✭✭  / 

In the end, a factory reset seems to have resolved all the problems that Android 11 upgrade introduced on my phone, and improved its overall performance significantly. It's very common and usually expected, that upgrading an Android version will probably mess up some system files, leave problematic useless traces of previous version files, or some already installed apps may not even be compatible with the new version of Android. Normally, such things shouldn't be happening. But they do.

Factory reset may be a pain in the a..., but I think it's something that unfortunately has to be done after a major upgrade of Android. I advice you should go for it ..