Android 12 on Nokia XR20 - Page 4

Hello Nokia XR20 users, Great news for you, the rollout for Android 12 starts now! To provide a smooth rollout, we dispatch the update in waves.

Android 12 on Nokia XR20

Comments

• ajwa noor ajwa noor
    ✭✭  / 

Hello Nokia XR20 users,

Great news for you, the rollout for Android 12 starts now!

To provide a smooth rollout, we dispatch the update in waves.

• Ddobrev5436 Ddobrev5436
    ✭✭  / 

Where is the official source for this?

There is still no Android 12 update for all Nokia XR20 phones. The bug with no system updates after December 2021 is still here for my device.

People should know this before give money for this product!

Commercials says they still have two years to update sys and it seems that Android 12 will be higher what they will provide for this time, after some time, maybe..

• Siema_CoTam Siema_CoTam
    ✭✭  /  edited July 7

Android described system as danger cuz last update was released at 5 April:

HMD, we are a joke for you?

• lingmoving123 lingmoving123
    ✭✭  / 

new nice

• Andy Savage Andy Savage
    ✭✭  / 

We are now in mid July and the XR20 is still on the April 22 security patch. This is getting really annoying. If HMD Global cannot deliver on the promised monthly updates, then they should stop selling phones on that promise. If this goes on much longer I'll be voting with my feet and getting the Pixel 6a.

• tudor georgescu tudor georgescu
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 25

My parents have two Nokia 6.1 and my old 9 Pureview. They didn't get hacked since the money isn't gone from their bank accounts. You just have to be careful with what you watch and pay for an antivirus. Private DNS to Quad9 does wonders, it is gratis.

To cut a long story short, it is hard to hack an Android, even if you have zero-day exploit payloads at hand.

• Siema_CoTam Siema_CoTam
    ✭✭  /  edited July 26

New update

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Also available in Slovakia.

• NokiaCH NokiaCH
    ✭✭  / 

Same here