Issues such as non-charging and your camera not saving in SD card? I think I found a solution.

Did you downgrade 7.2 from A11 back to A10?

Issues such as non-charging and your camera not saving in SD card? I think I found a solution.

Richmond Villanueva Richmond Villanueva
✭✭  /  edited March 31

Did you downgrade 7.2 from A11 back to A10? If you still have these issues such as non-charging and your camera not being able to save videos and pictures to the SD card and not appearing in the camera roll of the stock camera, I think I found a solution through this step-by-step hard reset (applicable with phones running Android 10 & Android 11 December 2021 SP):

Short story: I bought my 7.2-second hand, it was running on Android 10 December 2021 SP, I manually updated this to Android 11 and I faced all the issues posted everywhere. So what I did is I downgraded to Android 10. But, I really wanted to use Android 11 on this because I have FOMO. The following steps will hopefully help you enjoy the full Android 11 experience with the least amount of bugs possible.

For 7.2 running on Android 10 December 2021 SP:

1. Download a copy of Android 11 for 7.2 and save it to your SD card.
  2. In Settings, make sure OEM Unlock in Developer Options is enabled. Otherwise, it will not work.
  3. Reboot your phone to recovery mode.
  4. Wipe data/factory reset your phone FIRST (to be stock Android 10 and not to be blocked by FRP)
  5. Once it's all done, select Apply update from the SD card. Find your pre-downloaded Android 11 update. Install it.
  6. Once after updating, select Wipe data/factory reset your phone again (to make it stock Android 11 and erase all traces of Android 10)
  7. Reboot your phone normally and start setting it up now.

For 7.2 running on Android 11 December 2021 SP:

1. DOWNGRADE YOUR PHONE TO ANDROID 10 FIRST, get yourself a copy of it. Save it to your SD card.
  2. In Settings, make sure OEM Unlock in Developer Options is enabled. Otherwise, it will not work.
  3. Reboot your phone to recovery mode.
  4. Wipe data/factory reset your phone FIRST (to be stock Android 11 and not to be blocked by FRP)
  5. Once it's all done, select Apply update from the SD card. Find your pre-downloaded Android 10 update. Install it.
  6. Once done after downgrading, select Wipe data/factory reset your phone again (to make it stock Android 10 and erase all traces of Android 11)
  7. Reboot your phone normally and start setting it up now.
  8. Install all updates until December 2021 SP.
  9. Once it is up-to-date, you can proceed with the previous steps above regarding the manual installation of Android 11 to your 7.2.

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE THE EXACT STEPS THAT I DID WITH MY 7.2 AND IT FIXED THE CAMERA ISSUE THAT DOESN'T SAVE VIDEOS ON THE MEMORY CARD OF THE CAMERA WHICH BUMMED ME OUT A LOT. IF YOU'RE NOT FAMILIAR WITH HARD RESETTING YOUR PHONE VIA RECOVERY MODE, PLEASE SEEK HELP FROM A FRIEND WHO IS WISE TO MAKE YOU SURE.