XR20 problems with Android 12

My XR20 feels like it aged years, after updating to Android 12. Swapping between apps feels considerably worse with apps slightly hanging before working.

XR20 problems with Android 12

Kainalo Kainalo
✭✭  / 

My XR20 feels like it aged years, after updating to Android 12. Swapping between apps feels considerably worse with apps slightly hanging before working. Scrolling between apps also often runs at around 5fps. Performance in general just feels like a massive downgrade.

The new overscroll animation Android 12 has also forced me to disable all animations because I get slight motion sickness/discomfort from the elasticity.

With no way of only disabling the overscroll effect or using the Android 11 one, I currently have a phone with worse performance and no animations which in turn adds more glitchiness to the overall experience.

Performance and the animations are not related as I just recently disabled all animations.

Comments

• Nymphbankfisher Nymphbankfisher
    ✭✭  / 

The worst phone I've had in over 20 years of owning mobile phones. I've only had the XR20 for 6 weeks and it won't stay on. Sometimes takes 3 attempts to boot up. It's been for repair twice and both times they send it back saying that they can't find anything wrong with it. In 6 weeks of ownership it's been away for 2 weeks and been completely unreliable for 4 weeks. I should have bought a Samsung xcover.

• erichwtam erichwtam
    ✭✭  / 

After the Android 12 upgrade, my XR will restart randomly and it will take 5-6 reboots to stablize. Then it will restart again after a few hours. Nokia support recommended a factory reset, which I did, and took another few hours to reinstall apps one by one from Play store. Now it only randomly restarted twice in three days and only requires one reboot to be useable. Such a big improvement! From an unuseable phone to a somewhat unreliable phone. Nokia blames 3rd party apps. Oh, OK. This is my first Nokia in 20 years and it is NOT the Nokia I once loved.

• Wen Peng Cheng Wen Peng Cheng
    ✭✭  /  edited April 16

I have the same problem.Who can tell me how to solve it?

• baltovacs baltovacs
    ✭✭  / 

Bugs I have:

Screenshot Capture More function doesn't work. The button shows up but does not expand the screen icon or allow editing.

Battery info no longer shows app battery usage.

Battery charging locked up - no charge until I recalibrated the battery.

XR20 Android 12 update bugs glitches