Fix Screen Flickering Nokia G21

I've experienced some screen flickering on my device while using the screen refresh rate on ADAPTIVE, tried to change it to STANDARD and it didn't work, I've talked with Nokia's support chat and they gave me these instructions and it fixed the problem, it seems some RAM related issue.

Fix Screen Flickering Nokia G21

Aladdin Attopy Aladdin Attopy
✭✭  / 

I've experienced some screen flickering on my device while using the screen refresh rate on ADAPTIVE, tried to change it to STANDARD and it didn't work, I've talked with Nokia's support chat and they gave me these instructions and it fixed the problem, it seems some RAM related issue.

Remove the Sim card from the device > Go to settings > Apps and Notifications

> See all ## apps > 3 dots on the top right corner > Show system> look for the next apps:

> Media Storage > force stop > storage > Clear Cache > Clear storage > OK> Go back

> Carrier services > force stop > storage > Clear Cache > Clear storage > OK > Go back

> Phone> Force stop > Storage > Clear cache Clear storage > OK> Go back app info > Select the 3 dots on the top right of the screen > uninstall updates.

> Android system> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache

> Call management> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache

> Backup / restore call log> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache

> Default Carrier application> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache

> Settings storage> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache

> Phone services> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache

> SIM toolkit> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache

> SIM application manager> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache

> Get into safe mode: Press the Power button > on the window that appears, Tap and hold "Restart" Option > You will see a window asking to reboot in safe mode > Select OK > The device will restart in safe mode. An inscription about this will appear at the bottom left of the screen

> Put the SIM card while the device is turned on.

> Soft Reset: Hold the Power Button and the Volume UP Button for 10 seconds until your phone switches OFF > Release the keys. Once the phone restarts Verify if it worked.

Let me know if this fix works for you too

Comments

• Verus Verus
    ✭✭  / 

Have you tried it? Did it work for you?

• Verus Verus
    ✭✭  / 

Not working for me

• Aladdin Attopy Aladdin Attopy
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, It worked and I don't have this bug anymore.

Did you follow the instruction EXACTLY as described? remember (You have to remove the SIM card) before you start doing the first step. then you have to put your device into SAFE MODE and there you insert the SIM card back again and restart the device.

NOTE: to make sure you booted your device into SAFE MODE, you'll see on the screen lower

left corner the words (SAFE MODE) if you didn't see it, that means you still didn't manage to boot your device into SAFE MODE.

this is an example photo .

• spssankar spssankar
    ✭✭  / 

Bought a nokia G21 last week and it's screen automatic flikers in pocket for travelling . Is it only my issue or someone have it too? Please reply nokia this is very big issue for this mobile. light automatic on and phone is heating high.

• spssankar spssankar
    ✭✭  / 

I am two time reset and problem not clear. I think this is very problem for G21 model.

• spssankar spssankar
    ✭✭  / 

I am two time reset and and 5 times safe mode but problem not clear. I think this is very problem for G21 model.