Android 12 has arrived on Nokia 8.3 5G!

Nokia has finally started rolling out Android 12 on Nokia 8.3 5G.

Android 12 has arrived on Nokia 8.3 5G!

ZENO PERSICO ZENO PERSICO
✭✭  / 

Nokia has finally started rolling out Android 12 on Nokia 8.3 5G.

Comments

• gvbrown20 gvbrown20
    ✭✭  / 

Not for the TA-1251 thou

• umesharen umesharen
    ✭✭  / 

still no update available :(

• ZENO PERSICO ZENO PERSICO
    ✭✭  / 

Because it has yet to be released in my and your countries, but some have already started releasing the update. Still, that's good news!

• gvbrown20 gvbrown20
    ✭✭  / 

I got the update today

• ZENO PERSICO ZENO PERSICO
    ✭✭  / 

My Nokia 8.3 5G has recive Android 12 now.

• AJH AJH
    ✭✭  / 

Update arrived in Australia. Downloading now

• loco73 loco73
    ✭✭  / 

Yep. Indeed. Android™ 12 (V2.380). About 2.3 GB download. Plus the April security patch. Will have to try it out and see how it is. 👍👍👏

Hopefully Nokia Mobile (HMD Global) will see the light and perhaps give the 8.5 Android™ 13 as well. The device more than fulfills the hardware requirements to handle a third OS upgrade! 🤞

• LeTuan LeTuan
    ✭✭✭  / 

TA-1243 got it

• loco73 loco73
    ✭✭  / 

So far battery life seems to have dropped a bit and is weaker than before. I'm guessing because Android 12 is more resource intensive than its predecessor. Hopefully as the OS matures on the device and with further updates that will stabilize.

It also takes up a bit more internal storage than its predecessor, not much but the internal OS apps/files are larger.

Also for whatever reason, the Adaptive Battery function keeps turning off, even though I've manually turned it on several times.

Not a bad OS upgrade but outside a few extras, this is really more of an Android 11 version with a new coat of paint on it. Mostly supped up for appearances.

Still, I'm grateful that at least Android 12 came to the 8.3. We'll have to see how it works over the next few weeks and months and if any further improvements are forthcoming.

• terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 

I would factory reset the phone TBH as that clears up a lot of issues. Adaptive battery is actually on it's just a bug in the toggle, if you go into the adaptive battery setting you'll see it's switched on.

• loco73 loco73
    ✭✭  / 

Sorry, but I'm not messing around with a factory reset. That is last resort. I'm not risking all files, pics and contacts. PlusI've got all the settings on my device just right. No way I'm doing all that again. This is the problem of Nokia Mobile. They had months to work out the bugs from Android 12. Seeing that the 8.3 is quite late in getting the OS update, you'd think all that would have been dealt with. They have to release further software updates amdnfix these shortcomings. I'm not doing their work for them...

• terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 

You should be backing everything up anyway, Android even has that ability built in

• Hount Hount
    ✭✭  /  edited May 7

Wife's Nokia 8.3 5G got Android 12 update few days ago.

Anyone else having issues with screen randomly turning completely black with no apparent way to get it back on? It's clear that the phone is on as fingerprint sensor would trigger short bursts of vibration motor. Only way we've found so far have been to hold the power button untill the phone restarts. So far this have happened ~once a day.

Other issues was that right after the update the phone ran extremely slow for the first 24 hours or so. We tried many consecutive reboots and no help. Performance was ~5 fps in menu animations and opening any app took close to 30 seconds. That issue seemed to fade away after the phone sat in charger overnight.