Is it worth buying the Nokia 8.3 5G now?

The phone checks all the boxes for and on paper the specs seem better than similar phones from Motorola. Good camera, storage, RAM, chipset, etc.

Is it worth buying the Nokia 8.3 5G now?

GlenSoto GlenSoto
✭✭  / 

The phone checks all the boxes for and on paper the specs seem better than similar phones from Motorola.

Good camera, storage, RAM, chipset, etc.

What am I missing? Always loved the build quality of my old Nokia phones.

And I’m switching from an iPhone 8. I assume this would be a worthwhile upgrade?

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited May 6

The purchase seems acceptable, but you should be made aware that the Nokia 8.3 has received its final OS update with Android 12. It won't be receiving any more major Android OS upgrades. It will receive 1 year of security updates and then the support path will be blocked.

For the record, it has already received 2 major OS upgrades.

That said, updates aren't everything and if the device us providing good VFM, then it is always a good purchase 😁

• Van Thieu Van Thieu
    ✭✭  / 

It's at the end of the major Android release lifetime, Android 12. However, it's still one of the best Nokia model out there. The dual sim is great for travellers, as well, the camera features. Turn off PureDisplay if you're experiencing higher noise level in image/video quality. It's a very fast device, great for mobile gaming of Triple A titles. You can plug in an extra SD card for additional 512GB of storage capacity! Never run out of space again for your videos filmed in 4K/30 on 21:9. It's a really well made device overall. I enjoyed it very much.