Hello tech enthusiast!

It's been two years since I am on this community forum and my Nokia 6.1+ is 2 years 3month old the journey till here was filled with lots of ups and down, I think 6.1+ owners would be very familiar with the great charging port issues😂...

Hello tech enthusiast!

Aditya12 Aditya12
✭✭  / 

It's been two years since I am on this community forum and my Nokia 6.1+ is 2 years 3month old

the journey till here was filled with lots of ups and down, I think 6.1+ owners would be very familiar with the great charging port issues😂... okay let me narrate you a story.

It was 6 in the morning of pleasant spring 8th April 2022, I approached to the charging board for a usual morning ritual (i.e: putting my phone on charge) and just after I put my phone on charging like after 5-6 seconds my phone automatically switched off. I tried turning it on but it was of no use, I also tried hard reset method but every time I got was disappointment so finally I left my phone and took my backup feature phone to work. The very next day I went to Nokia care and they submitted my phone and they told me to visit by evening (btw it's important here to note that staff at Nokia care was highly unprofessional, egoistic and rude, as they never talked straight to the point and most of the time they were busy looking at there phone while I was narrating my issues)

By afternoon I received a call and they told me that I need to purchase new motherboard for my phone which would cost me around 5.5K rupees, upon asking again and again they told me that my phone got short circuit and I was wondering how on earth this could happen as I never dropped my phone in water nor did I ever used third party chargers😪 quite strange isn't it? anyways he told me that normally it would take 15 days for this replacement to happen and all my data will be lost as new motherboard will have new emmc and ram module, I denied the offer and left the Nokia service center.

Now I was planning what to do ahead but suddenly I remembered a guy who fixed my uncle's galaxy S20+ , I went running to that local repair guy and upon checking my phone he told me to wait for 30minutes , he opened the phone in front of me and changed few elements of circuit board and boom my phone was finally alive! and he charged me 800 rupees for the repair.

So what can you conclude from this episode?

first of all I would like to say that Nokia as a smartphone brand here in India is still not a market leader, it has a fierce competition and by looking at their condition I don't think they are really interested in customer satisfaction and service

Now I assume a lot of you may be thinking that I should have purchased a new phone... but why? This is my second smartphone and it's only 2year old device and I purchased it because it offered clean android experience and on top of that the brand name of Nokia which meant reliability, which now is kind of faded past.. but alas! who knew back then when I purchased this device.

For that service center guys whose only job was to repair and solve this small issue ("Which was actually a fault with battery connection circuit and not the short circuit problem which Nokia care guy told me") lied to me and didn't performed his job well.

I think a decent smartphone should ideally work for at least 4-5 years or till when it's battery losses it's charge holding capacity, it will reduce a huge amount of e-waste and save our environment but you all know the hypocrisy of brands who removes headphone jack and charging brick from box saying that they are saving environment 😂😂.. anyways ..

Thanks for reading ..🙂If you reached till here and spent your precious time

{ p.s:: I am narrating the incident which occurred with me and I am not targeting anyone here, I am just putting my point of view about this whole incident and I am sorry if this offend you or someone here\\ regards --- Nokia FAN :) 😊.}

Tagged: